The new girl.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by galoot, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galoot

galoot New Member

Hay everyone. I came across this website while hopelessly searching for help on the internet today. I am a college student that has struggled with depression, extreme anxiety & disordered eating since I was about 14. I am too ashamed to talk to friends or family about how lonely & desperate I feel. I have tried for many years to try & pull myself out of this all alone, but it is only now that I realize that I need help from more people like myself that know what it's like to hurt this badly. *HUGS*

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun welcome to SF It is very hard to fight depression and anxiety on your own. I am glad to see you reaching out here for support. I do hope though you reach out to a professional in real life as well hun to get the support you need to heal as well Nice to have you here as now you know you are alone hugs

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi galoot... welcome to SF... eclipse said some good stuff to you already.. we know depression, anxiety and eating disorders pretty well around here.. many members who know the subject intimately.. agree with eclipse if these conditions you mentioned here have you almost paralyzed and stuck then probably you should talk to a professional for yourself.. glad to have you with us now.. tc, Jim

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum, galoot. :)

5. Lucano

Lucano Well-Known Member

Welcome and I hope you find the help you're looking for. As previously said we all know pain in different forms here and we are here to listen and support you and help in any way we can.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Bijou, Welcome to the forums.. Take your time and read the different forums..I'm sure you will find similarities to your situation.. I have learned to handle my depression and anxiety better since being on here.. I suffer from several disorders..The meds I am on help.. Good Luck in your searching and if you need an ear to vent to you can always vent to me.. Just be aware I'm not on line every day so it might be a few days before I reply..Take Care..

7. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

:hug: Welcome to the forum. This is a great place where you can talk and no one judges you, since everyone knows what it's like to feel blah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.