the new kid in town

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ODIECOM, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

hi everyone, im new to this forum.
    there is a post that asks why are you here.
    right now, im not really sure. when i first got my computer, i joined an AA group. at the time i had about 6 years sober and even though i didnt follow AA i joined in because i felt there might be something i could offer and there might be something i might be able to use. i was right in both cases.

it took along time to realise that i had a problem with alcohol.
    it wasnt until i endend up in a mental ward about 3 weeks ago that i realise that i suffered from depression and have for most of my life. everyones level is differant.
    i dont even know how i feel about what happened. im kinda embarrassed. but im suprised at how many ppl understand. being in a new state since april 20th, its not exactly what i had in mind for getting started here.

what i do know is, it was the 3rd time i attempted suicide and failed. the first one in 7th grade didnt work because you really cant kill yourself on med. cabinet pills.
    the second time, i got stopped by my boss who gave a damn and read into what i told him.
    the 3rd time, i simply didnt have enough to get the job done, but i didnt care at the time.
    im here to see what i can learn, to maybe change the way i feel and maybe to offer something to someone else
  2. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

hey there odiecom
    congrats for joining aa.I am a great believer in it,only for me the one time I went ,I felt so welcomed and good,that when I got home..the loneliness was unbearable.aa is great,I will join soon I hope.People with worse problems with alchohol than least then.Now I am not so sure.Some one at the meeting said..I have made a solid friendship network.She also said she didn't think she deserved to be so happy.It was so sad and I realized how we are all in this boat..all in this damned boat.To join aa you have to feel free to call a sponsor who I hadn't at the time.Since joining SF i see that I need a sponsor and equally need to be a sponsor.Let us consider SF an extension of that support?
    We are all real people...flesh and blood and do not have to get better alone.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi i am glad you stayed there are alot of supportive people here. welcome
  4. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey odie :hug: i'm glad you're here
    people here have has similar experiences and may be able to help you :)
    and if you ever need anyone to talk to, i'm always here :heart:
    triggs xx
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums,

I'm glad to see you reaching out for help, I hope you find the help and support you need here :)

Feel free to PM me anytime xx
  6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

welcome to teh forum, at least now you know theres something wrong you can do something about it, it may take a while but you will get there. hope we can help you to get to a safer place
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.