The next 24 hours

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sad Rabbit, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sad Rabbit

Sad Rabbit Account Closed

The next 24 hours could make or break me.

I have to go to the doctors about a problem I've been having for the last month or so.

Terrified isn't the right word....
  2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I hope it goes well for you. :hug:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope all goes well for you let us know if there is anyway we can support you. no matter the outcome please know we care
  4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Best wishes to you. Hope it all works out well.
  5. Sad Rabbit

Thanks for all the replies.

Just got back with what may be muscular sprains, which may have been arthritis (which is what I was worried about).

My doc also thinks I "could" be depressed, even when he asked me about having thought about killing myself.

"Come back in two weeks".

6. Account Closed

its normal for him to ask you to come back in 2 weeks
    many people suffer from temporary depression
    some (like me) are suffering from chronicle depression
    those are 2 different things
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Doctors got to love em ah. If you are feeling worse contact him or crisis team before 2 weeks. You go by how you are feeling okay. and always can come here to. I hope your depression lessons take care
  8. Sad Rabbit

During my visit to the docs, I was given a perscription for some meds. As I went for suspected arthritis I guessed the pills were for anti-inflamatiries or some such.

I have just read the box and looked up the name, and it appears I have been given a two week course in Fluoxetine, also known as Prosac. I'm going to start my course tomorrow and see how I get on.
  9. Sad Rabbit

Yet another stupid spat with the wife has left me feeling lonley and dejected. I am sat here on my own looking at this box of "make you feel better" pills and wondering what would happen if I downed the lot. In the throes of boredom, I cannot find what a good sufficient overdose level is anywhere on the internet. I dare say a lot of alcohol would help.

I am so, so, so fed up with my life.
  10. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

ugh.sorry to hear that.I was also told to come back in two weeks but I admitted i was more likely to drink than to try to harm myself worse than that.I have heard prozac or its generic form takes time to take effect so I hope you will give it time.It would only cause you grief to od...but maybe you can get back to your doc sooner.Take care.
  11. Sad Rabbit

Today, I was going to start taking my Prozac.
    Today, I failed.

I just can't bring myself to do it and I don't know why. To be honest, I have a greater desire to take the whole box than just one tablet. I have read its difficult to OD on this, but I'm sure if I mix it with a few things and copious alcohol, something may happen.

I just feel getting doped up isn't going to change anything in my life - as I feel nothing can.

For me, this is not an answer.
  12. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

yes,you will get horribly sick and wish you hadn't done that ! Prozac HAS helped people,I just found out today my own sister took it and it actually helped she has a great job and is happier than ever.Now this doesn't mean prozac will work for you but you should try.It takes time..weeks..for it to take effect.I am also being put on prozac and have been afraid to take them..but I will start this week if I can get my prescription back..I threw it away for much the reason you haven't taken them yet.You will not know until you try.Prozac makes depressed people have energy and it did for my sister I learned today.I like the sound of that....when something has to give..
    please keep us posted! (hugs) :hiya:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.