The next few days will be difficult

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by firelizardee, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firelizardee

firelizardee Active Member

The next few days will be difficult.

I'm going to tell my psychiatrst tomorrow about how bad I am feeling. I've made plans. Tidied up the flat, said goodbye to a few friends, bought some christmas presents for some close friends, but in the next few days I'll be making another attempt.

What really gets to me is that I can't really say good bye to people, without them saying "Oh but I hope you won't do that".

I no longer have any wish to see what happens next, the future doesn't matter.

2. klintmad

klintmad Active Member

you must g to your psychiatrist.
    I don't see any problem with you. but fear.
    increase your enthusiasm.

3. firelizardee

firelizardee Active Member

well I did tell the pdoc how I felt, but he just said he hoped I wouldn't kill myself. So I went home and wrote a suicide note and sent it to him. Phoned The Samaritans, read a book "Suicide: The Forever Decision", phoned the local psych ward and was told "Can you get someone to sit with you". I tried asking for help and didn't get it. Think I took an overdose but came too with the police banging on my door on Tuesday morning. They stayed till a dr arrived, don't remember much for the next few days. Must have had a seizure as my tongue was bitten in 3 places.

seems like I can't even get help from professionals.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Don't give up. Eventually things will start to turn in your direction. It does not help that when asking for help, it seems you get ignored. I don't know much about the system there so can offer little advice about what to do as far as that is concerned. You do have support here. We will do what we can to help. Hang in there. :hug:

5. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Could have written this myself, part of it. System(s) is(are) just like that.
    You know how bad you feel and do seek help yet when you face those or who is in power to do so, they turn you down.

To better how you feel, they knock you down with heavy medication and back on the road....... home alone to face it all on your own. My pdoc has about 2 thousand patients (active files) and he is to handle them all? He does his best yet overworked and overloaded how far can he go or achieve the way he is stuck? Not saying he has no fault as he is one rare apple, but cant blame him either if when I call he rushes me a little. But to get to talk to him there is his bodyguard to face first (his nurse wow worse than a bodyguard).

All those seen before didn't even bother calling the cops on me to have them bang on my door..... just dimissed the episode asking if i wanted my meds dosage to be raised.

it is the system that is wrong..... too much work and not enough pdoc to face reality and needs. Already that they are themselves, in good part uncaring to begin with.

If you are having such problem with your pdoc, change psichiartist hun and find one that will sit with you and talk tings through as well as handling medication.

Hold on thight and dont give up. Things will get better... you have to believe in this.

be well and most....... stay safe.
    granny x

6. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

The fact that you're going to talk to your psychiatrist proves that you do have hope. Even if it's really small, you still have that little bit of optimism to hang onto. I really hope that you get all the help you need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.