The Official SF Christmas thread.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by TheWr0ngChild, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Post your honest oppinions on the "festive season".

Fire away!
  2. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem very festive this year. I'm just glad there's a Dr Who special to look forward to.
  3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I like Christmas :)

We've got one of these threads in the CM forum - it normally gets rather festive etc, with virtual wine / beer / brandy, karaoke and christmas lights. Maybe one could be created in the Coffee House (one for festivities rather than opinions on Christmas)?

Anyway - just an idea :tongue:
  4. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

i dont feel very festive this year, which isnt helping when i see ads and anything to do with christmas, christmas should be about familys, joining together, having fun and a laugh, but nope its sooo over rated with giving each other gifts and presents, and if anyone has a family like mine, who i dont see thru the year anyway.. only at xmas.. having to exchange small talk and fake smile's just because it's christmas is pointless to me!!

im such a scrooge this year.. lets hope i live to see next year and at least enjoy it!!!!!
  5. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I can't wait till it's over. :smile:
  6. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

having to shop with social phobia and no money as the days count down....worry and stress... :unsure: no thank you, rather skip past this time of year
  7. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Me too.:sad:
  8. daredhead

daredhead Well-Known Member

I wish it was over too. Every year I have to see family members that I despise. Despite what I want, I have to act a certain way, do certain things. It just gets kind of old, especially when you're depressed. I am not looking forward to the holidays, to the holiday parties, to the spending (some of which I have already done), or to the happy faces. I didn't even ask for anything for Christmas, except for money. I will be giving this money to a variety of charities, because there are people who need it way more than I do.

So far, the only thing I was excited about concerning Christmas was shopping for a little boy that would have been getting next to nothing for the holidays. My dad got me a card with his name and wish list on it from work, and I went out and bought him clothes, a toy car, a toy firetruck, and about half a dozen books. It made me feel great knowing I was making his Christmas so much better.
  9. Whitewolf

Whitewolf Well-Known Member

Abacus you basically forgot the most important part of Christmas! :eek:hmy:
    Seriously, Christmas isn't Christmas without some good clean, fluffy, white snow! Otherwise it's just really cold and really dull.
    Unfortunately we haven't gotten any major snowfall(that's staying on the ground) here yet. :sad:
    How about you guys?
    edit: Oh on the whole gifts thing... I really wish I had the time and energy, and everyone else did too to make homemade gifts, like homemade clothes, or food, or something. It just makes it seem special.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.