The Old Ways

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Prof.Bruttenholm, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

This isn't a discussion over which religion or belief system is correct, just about different traditions and spells and rituals.

When planning to cross a cemetery, to appease Baron Samedi (the Loa of the dead who exists between the living world and the world of the dead), you must leave a small amount of rum, basil leaves and nine pennies.

This prevents spirits from attaching themselves to you and leaving the cemetery with you.

2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I was always a fan of putting coins on the eyes of the dead for the ferryman to take them across the river Styx.

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

covering the mirrors after a death.
    and informing the bees (if u kept them) of anyone passing.

4. Prof.Bruttenholm

Very interesting.
    I was able to sneak two coins into my grandfathers shirt pocket before he was taken to be cremated, hoping Charon would give him safe passage should he end up near the river Styx.

I have studied Hoodoo and Black Magick and other books on the matter.
    I am looking into demonology and advanced forms of Enochian magick.

Of course whenever I bring up Demons to Christians they shy away from the matter, never discussing it. How will they properly arm themselves (since they believe in them) if they know not how to fight them?

But this isn't a rant on Christianity, it's a discussion of old spells, rituals, incantations and practices.

5. Terry

Well am catholic, but had a weird upbringing in that my grandfather was jewish and my grandmother was a spiritualist.
    Grew up thinking reading tea leaves, crystal balls and tarot cards was the norm.
    Got very interested in the occult around my teens and read a lot of the black arts stuff...as u say to arm myself :laugh:
    Happy with my catholic nature, but still reading tarot cards and as my cousin is a Wicca been looking into the old ways too :smile:

6. Prof.Bruttenholm

I am looking for very old books, old books on the occult that will lead me to the oldest ways.
    I am hoping to find someone who knows where to look.
    I am also hoping to find old practices of the Greeks and Romans, the rituals, symbols and spells involved with the worship of their Gods.

7. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I've walked through plenty of cemeteries and never had a spirit attach to me.

After experiences of meeting demons in seances as a teen I turned to The Most High God and asked for protection from demons.

Walking with The Most High God and following his ways is far better than not knowing when a demon master will turn on you.

8. Terry

You're probably looking for Satanic Grimoires.
    Rumour has it that a copy of "The Clavicle of Solomon" is in the restricted part of the British Museum library...dunno how true that is

http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/sl3847.htm ( have added this link in case you were interested.)

9. Prof.Bruttenholm

Your Most High God has allowed humans to suffer, being possessed, murdered, tortured and far worse, what says he'll offer you any protection?
    He may want to prove another point to Lucifer, like he did with Jobe.

But this isn't a discussion of the hypocrisy of God, but of rituals, incantations and spells ( and praying to God is a ritual/spell).

As for Terry: Thanks, I'll look into it

10. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

To date he has.

11. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Having asked no being for protection and taking up no arms in my own defense I have as of yet to say I've had demonic problems.

Depending on the amount of money and/or time you're willing to put into it you may want to check out places Obscura Antiques in New York which has a pretty good show and a pretty good reputation for having or finding antiquities. With luck and a few hundred/thousand dollars I imagine they could get you together with some good old texts.

I was in there a few days ago while visiting Manhattan. They had a small handbook meant for newly initiated Master Masons of the Masonic order and a handbook for the US Medical Corps circa 1905... those were their cheap items at about 25-35$.

Also there's a fairly reputable and large library of rare books at the University of Toronto. Not sure if you could easily get your hands on originals in there, but worth a try if you're that dedicated. A search for grimoires may hearten you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.