The Old Welcoming Bit (Or a Way to Find Out More About Me.)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by scromlette, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scromlette

scromlette Member

Hi there,

My name is Dominique. My username is Scromlette. Fell free to call me either or both, which ever you feel more comfortable with. I am in my late twenties, married and from New York. I have four fuzzy children, three cats and one dog. I honestly am not a fan of about me posts, so I am going to do this a bit differently. I am going to post some points about me, and I welcome you to reply with inquires about some or all of them. I feel this this is more conducive to a conversation, as it makes this less one sided.

- I LOVE reading. What's the latest book you read?
    - I am a foodie. Have you ever ate something outside of your comfort zone? Did you enjoy it?
    - In my late twenties, and I still enjoy cartoons. If you were in a cartoon, which would it be?
    - I love science fiction/fantasy and dystopian stories, shows and just the genre at whole. Who made a better Doctor, David Tennant or Matt Smith?

Hopefully you've enjoyed this post, and I look forward to chatting with you all!

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Hello Dominique - fellow NY resident here. Glad you found the forum and hope you find it useful and supportive. I used to read a lot, less so now - and the last book I read was a Goosebumps story (umm, yes, I have an 8 year old, and it was better than it is given credit for!). I make a point of judging food without having tried it and feel totally comfortable telling children they have to try it before they get to decide if they like it not at the same time, Scooby Doo is obviously the best cartoon :smile: , and I also enjoy science fiction in most forms of media as anything more realistic than science fiction tends to remind me of what the world is and I am more interested in what it could be like and if it is well done then even the most outlandish of things seems quite possible.

Take Care and Nice to meet you,

Ben

3. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Welcome, Dominique. What a novel way of getting acquainted - wonderful. Rather than try to do all your questions, I'll start with just two - first, reading.
    Last book read - Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - good, but I was not as impressed with it as everyone else seemed to be.
    Since I love reading also,I'll add :
    Re-reading - Stranger in a Strange Land - good but not as good as I remembered it
    Favorite authors - John Steinbeck, Ernest Hemingway, Raymond Chandler, Ray Bradbury, Kurt Vonnegut
    Favorite "unknown, you really should read" authors - Raymond Carver, James Crumley, Richard Brautigan
    You absolutely HAVE to read book - Batfishing in the Rain Forest, by Randy Wayne White, short stories, not "deep" but well-written and engrossing
    "just because category"- Das Energi , by Paul Williams

Food, outside comfort zone category - Lentils. Always thought of as just another, dried pea, dried bean family, ho-hum
    Don't recall what prompted the trial, but with onion, garlic, barley, celery, chicken stock, sausage - so simple, but so earthy and rich. And with a fresh loaf of whole wheat or other dark bread? Pure heaven !!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.