the only people who can help me dont want to...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Blacksheep, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Well-Known Member

ive told her a thousand fuckin times that im too afraid to talk to people to get a job...but will she listen? no problems are insignificant when compared to our "financial crisis"...and by that i mean we arent rich.

ive told her i need to see a shrink, and that she needs to set up the appointment...unless the shrink uses an automated secretary...but she refuses to fucking call! she is the one who is killing me slowly and it makes me hate her soo much. whats worse is that she doesnt even realize it...
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

It's so hard when the people you need to have understand just refuse to. Too many times I've been told "it's only in your head" or "suck it up". What they seem to not see is that I already am. Just being able to get up each morning means I'm "sucking it up." And yep they dont realize how much their not caring makes you fall even further each day. I know it is near impossible, but you just might have to "force" yourself to make that one call. Maybe once you have that appointment, she will see that you really mean what you are saying. Having a pdoc makes it much harder for people around you to ignore what was already staring them in the face. And your pdoc can help you find ways to cope with the negative attitudes you are surrounded with including your own. He can give you literate to bring home and leave for her to read. With all this new "evidence" she cant help but to accept that you are really suffering. You know you are suffering now it's up to you to show her just how much. Sometimes people just refuse to see because they really dont know how to deal with it. Being able to talk to someone who understands can make it a lot easier to bear too. Keep posting and letting it out here, where you know others will understand. Please find all the strength you can muster to make that call and start being able to help her see and for you to get the help you need. Good luck!
  3. Sorrow

Sorrow Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying. I have the same fears. Can you have someone go with you to get an application or ask for it or even just bring you home one? Then you can mail the application back. I know it is scary.

Maybe if you give your mom the number of a therapist she would then call? People just don't understand how agonizing this is.

If you want to talk I'm here. I do understand as I am afraid to do the same things.