the only person who ever wanted me was my abuser

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by undercoverlover, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

lately ive just felt really unwanted. ive been trying to jump back into relationships despite the abusive one im recovering from, since my therapist thought it would be a good idea. whenever i ask somebody, they never feel the same way. when i finally thought i found someone, he turned out to be aromantic and only wanted something platonic. i feel really unwanted and shit because the only time someone wanted me was so they could abuse and manipulate me and chip away my self-worth. i feel pathetic.

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I would call your abuser pathetic Undercoverlover; not you

It is really sad you feel worthless & unloved & unwanted & that despite your ex abusing you, you feel wanted by him

The relationship you thought you had found Undercoverlover: He only wanting a platonic relationship with you: Was he aware of your past with your ex? If he was aware he may have only said he wanted a platonic relationship because of that fact; that he felt you were perhaps not ready for a relationship & maybe if you had stayed together a relationship would have developed in time, when you were ready

tc Undercoverlover

:freehug:

3. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

thank you
    and as for the platonic relationship, i know for a fact that he is aromantic and doesnt really feel romantic feelings at all. he and i have been friends since forever and i think he'd trust my judgement on when id be ready for a relationship.
    but yeah, thank you very much. i just need to constantly remind myself that my abuser didnt want me, she was abusive and i should be glad she is out of my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.