the only person who ever wanted me was my abuser

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by undercoverlover, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undercoverlover

undercoverlover smooth and grey as far as the eye can see

lately ive just felt really unwanted. ive been trying to jump back into relationships despite the abusive one im recovering from, since my therapist thought it would be a good idea. whenever i ask somebody, they never feel the same way. when i finally thought i found someone, he turned out to be aromantic and only wanted something platonic. i feel really unwanted and shit because the only time someone wanted me was so they could abuse and manipulate me and chip away my self-worth. i feel pathetic.

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I would call your abuser pathetic Undercoverlover; not you

It is really sad you feel worthless & unloved & unwanted & that despite your ex abusing you, you feel wanted by him

The relationship you thought you had found Undercoverlover: He only wanting a platonic relationship with you: Was he aware of your past with your ex? If he was aware he may have only said he wanted a platonic relationship because of that fact; that he felt you were perhaps not ready for a relationship & maybe if you had stayed together a relationship would have developed in time, when you were ready

tc Undercoverlover

:freehug:

3. undercoverlover

undercoverlover smooth and grey as far as the eye can see

thank you
    and as for the platonic relationship, i know for a fact that he is aromantic and doesnt really feel romantic feelings at all. he and i have been friends since forever and i think he'd trust my judgement on when id be ready for a relationship.
    but yeah, thank you very much. i just need to constantly remind myself that my abuser didnt want me, she was abusive and i should be glad she is out of my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.