The only thing i got

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Mandy1, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

Im sorry to post this but sh is the only thing ive got that gets me through.If it wasnt for sh i truly beleive i would be dead by now,i dont want others to think that its a answer because its not,there are other ways to cope,but for me it helps,i no i need to work a way out of this but right now its keeping me going,is that so bad?

2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I understand, I've been there before. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone, even my worst enemies. It doesn't last forever though, even if it seems that it does. Focus first on getting through the day before you try to stop SH. Doing too many things at once is a bad idea.

TDM

3. Mandy1

Thanx TDM much appreciate your reply,i will try x

4. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hey Amanda hunny :console:.

I know where you are coming from. My cpn told me once that if sh was stopping me from killing myself then that's what I should do. She knew that my sh was superficial & often it was enough to take my mind off things.

It may not have been the best advice to give someone but since I wasn't open to other forms of distraction she said she'd rather see me sh instead of being in the ED because of some attempt.

In a way it helped because it stopped me going too far as she trusted me & I didn't want to let her down.

I hope you can understand some of my ramble. Like you said, it's not the answer but it's what keeps us grounded sometimes.

Please take care hun xx

5. Mandy1

Thanx claire,i no its not the answer,and i will stop this when i can,but it comforts me to no there are others who understand.I get no help at all from the docs,they just make me feel guilty and pathetic,but this must end soon i just dont no how right now,but i am trying.

6. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

You're trying hun & that takes an awful lot of courage :hug:.

What help are you getting hun, professionally I mean? xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.