The only thing that gives me PEACE about break ups

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by stuckinchicago6, Jun 18, 2010.

1. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that the person didn't really love me, so there is really no point in continuing to love a person who doesn't love me. For sooo long, it has been so hard for me to accept that. Thinking about my ex, I realize that. Now, I know that in 3 weeks, I will be able to go to Italy with confidence and not even blink an eye when I see him. As for the online guy I was planning on running to, I now am starting to see him for who he really is and he is just not that into me. At the end of it all, I think meeting him is pointless. I am no longer in such a rush to be with somebody. I need to work on me and I am happy to say that this past Monday, I met up with a contact of mine and I might be doing some stuff in dance again, possibly even teaching. I am going to be training next week, so maybe there is something I can do to work on me.
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I am no longer in such a rush to be with somebody. I need to work on me

excellent insight...take lots of time for you and enjoy being single...:wink:
  3. stuckinchicago6

But... not being in a rush doesn't mean that the loneliness goes away. It is something I still struggle with.
  4. i recently had to convince myself of the same thing, and it does seem so obvious looking back. (as i'm typing this a song titled "she loves me not" just came on, hahaha).

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure i read another post of yours before saying you're going to school in chicago. if you don't mind me asking, is the italy trip a school program? i'm from chicago and was going to school at a university in chicago that has a popular program in italy. (recently dropped out after almost 3 years, it turned into a living nightmare.) i kinda wish i had studied abroad while i was there, probably would have been a well-needed vacation. maybe i'm talking about the same school, haha.

^ hopefully i didn't start going too far off topic there..

anyway, i just wanted to say it sounds like you have the right idea. just focus/work on yourself, don't worry about anyone else, especially the people that upset you, they're not important. there's no rush to try and find someone, that's the wrong way to go about it. the dance/teaching stuff sounds good, and keeping busy always helps (some people, anyway). (i haven't responded to anyones posts on the off chance something i say just upsets them more, but i hope this post was fine, :-/)
  5. i know what you mean
  6. stuckinchicago6

Hey! I actually have a family home in Italy. I live in Chicago. Anyway, I just can't sleep even though I woke up sooo early. It is just very HARD! Anyway, PM me if you want to chat more about Chicago and other stuff. hehehe
  7. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

Heyya stuckin..

I just wanted to say I think it's really cool that you have come to that conclusion. Working on yourself is really important. I wish I would have been able to have stayed strong enough to do so. Instead I hopped from one relationship to another and never really found myself. Seriously..totally awesome. :D