The only thing that keeps me from doing it is that I dont want to hurt my parents

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pizzadude, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pizzadude

pizzadude New Member

If I ended my life my parents would be devastated and would have to deal with the trauma of finding my dead body, the funeral, wondering what they could have done; it would be incredibly painful to lose their son like that.

I feel trapped in this situation. On the one hand life is unbearable and on the other I don't want to hurt my loved ones. My life is a prison and there's no way out.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Heya, pizzadude. Welcome to the forum :) If you feel up to it, let us know what else is happening that makes you feel trapped. There are loads of people with a lot of different experiences here, so I'm sure you will find kindness and support - and maybe even find a solution that works for your life. Thinking of you :hug:

3. Noneother1

Noneother1 Active Member

^^ I know exactly were you are comming from Pizzadude.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun there is a way out okay you talk to your parents tell them how low you are. You go and get some professional help to get you feeling better okay
    I too won't leave because i can never do that to my family never they have lost one already and i saw how it destroyed them

Please talk to your parents okay or someone you trust and get some help hugs to you

5. lincoln log

lincoln log New Member

My parents were once a factor in my suicidal thoughts; however, I've begun to experience the severest depression I've ever had that's been ongoing for two weeks. My choice of method is a <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods>, but research of the survivors turned gimps and the possible pain experienced even in successful death scare me.

6. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

Well, I've felt the same way before, only I didn't want to hurt and traumatize my little brother.

Life isn't a prison, you know. It's...life. Everything you see on Earth is everything that we have. We as humans are caught between the gargantuan expanse of the natural universe and the void that is nonexistence. There's something here that can make you happy. I'm sure of it.

And you know what something can make you happy? Yourself, man. If you just looked at yourself and saw what kind of good you can be, I'm sure you'll be happier.

7. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Everyone feels that way from time to time and why shouldn't you? To feel guilt over what you would put on other people is a positive sign that lets you know it is not the way you should end things and to seek an alternate solution, even if none appears to you at present.

8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

pizzadue you are so right about what losing you would do to your parents
    I came here when my son took his own life because life is over for me..
    when he died he took my heart and soul with him..
    I wouldn't wish this feeling on any other parent.

I'm so sorry you feel so bad....I know that feeling so well..
    are you getting any professional help? meds?
    I hope you will stay and tell us more about what got you to this point. *hug*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.