The only thing that's keeping me alive...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Thinice, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

Is the thought of what my suicide would do to my family. This is it, I want to die.

But can I do something this selfish?

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi Thinice,

For a lot of suicidal people it's the thought of how it would affect loved ones that stop us from acting on our feelings.

Are your family aware of how you feel?

:hug:

3. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

My dog, Molly. Once she bites the dust, I'm gone. The way my life is going, bitch will probably outlive me:cool:.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Thinice,

Welcome to SF :)

Suicide isn't selfish. You can't help the way you feel. With the help of a professional you should be able to get these thoughts under control. Do you have a therapist? :hug:

5. Thinice

No, I've never had a therapist or anything along those lines...

6. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

Do you think seeing a therapist of counsellor would help?

7. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

you really should considre picking one for yourself
    even though for someone who never did it it may look wierd
    but once you there, you will see that its not as bad as it looks :)

8. Thinice

I'm not belittling anyone's advice or anything, but how would a therapist help? It just seems that talking to someone about my problems isnt likely to make them any better.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I thought the same way you do now. I was always reluctant to see a therapist and with encouragement from members here I decided to give it a go. It helps me enormously. You have no idea how much talking about problems helps you to face them and overcome them. You can't change some problems but you can deal with them in ways you never thought possible :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.