The only thing worse than Sunday night is the dread of Monday morning

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Much afraid, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Ughhh - Sunday night, could tomorrow not arrive, please? I'm tired, I can't sleep. I'm nauseous with the anxiety of having to go to a job where my brain is barraged with questions that defy logic. They drain the little bit of life that remains in me...leaving just enough life force to maintain the torture...now is when I want to die. I hate mind numbing, soul killing work...and the ever looming tour under the bus...not the tour that ends the torture but the tour where whomever is close is the reason something doesn't work.

Never take responsibility for your own mistakes/errors when there is someone with no control, no authority next to you that you can blame. If Sunday must end, please allow Monday to never arrive!

2. Beck

Beck Member

I feel the same way. every week it just starts again with no way. hopefully it helps to know you are not the only one to feel this way.

3. Much afraid

Hi Beck, thank you. Sorry though that either of us feel this way. It's only 24 hours, right? :). Here's to Monday survived and done (soon).

4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Much afraid.. If lack of sleep has been going for awhile now you probably reach out for some professional help pretty soon.. Also for all the suicidal ideation..and the very real depression.. Don't know if you have done counseling before or currently..

We here will listen and try to help BUT..we are not pros at all.. You got a ton of bad circling close by.. Too close hon..take care, jim

5. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

Much afraid - thanks for the post. You have summed up my entire childhood! I used to hate Sunday nights with the dreaded Monday and returning to school for another week lurking closely over the horizon.

Now I am grown up I dread EVERY day. Who says life gets better with age....

6. fatloser

fatloser Banned Member

How about be happy that you have a job? There are a lot of very qualified people out there who are struggling to find work in this economy, so maybe you should appreciate what you have?

7. Much afraid

You are right - how thoughtless of me to bemoan a situation that I should be thankful for...sorry

8. Much afraid

Hi CGMAngel! I think those who've either conquered their demons or have never really had any tell us that. I'm guessing they are trying to be helpful...not really much help in my view. I guess it's something to aspire to ~ wouldn't it be lovely if true? :)

9. Much afraid

Sorry jimk - sometimes I guess I just need to vent the frustration and dread...not looking for solutions here. At least not at the moment. Thank you for responding and caring! :)

10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and glad you posted about this...I used to have such 'tomorrow is a school day' anxiety about work that I self medicated all day Sunday, fell asleep from exhaustion and ruined Monday...so clearly you are not alone...are there activities that you can get consumed in (for me it was cooking) that can take the edge off of Sunday? Also, about how your co-workers treat you...that is their problems...do your best and when they ask stupid questions think of something amusing (the monkey that went into space (supposedly) for Iran or such) to filter the noise...I had one boss who yelled at me for sport...no matter what I did, it was not right...so I started to see him as a funny creature and the yelling become so much more tolerable...eventually I felt sad for him...today is Wednesday so start preparing for Sunday with things to do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.