The pain isn't enough.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by resistance, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I have cut myself a lot this evening, but I want to cut more. it's not enough. The pain isn't enough. The pain is NEVER enough. I've been crying constantly for the past hour or so and I want to cut more. I'm fed up of everying, hurting so much inside I can't take much more of it.

i phoned my boyfriend and I spoke to him and he didn't talk much back at all, he wasn't very supportibve or anything and I said, "i had better go soon", and straight after he said "ok bye". WTF?!!! Why. Why couldnt hge wait to get rid of me??? I already felt worthless and pathetic without him having to do that. Not that I should blame him, who the fuck would want to talk or even CARE about me anyway. I hate myself. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. Hate. REALLY HATE MYSELF. I want to cut more I'm fed up of this shit. :(
  2. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm here if you wanna talk hunny :hug:
  3. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Resistance :sad:. I'm really sorry you're feeling so rough and life is treating you so badly at the moment :hug:.

I empathise with how you feel, because I've been there before and will almost certainly be there again. Feel free to PM me any time if you want to talk. :arms: Either way, I'm here for you.

As for the boyfriend, he probably just had some random thing on his mind. Some video game or some food :rolleyes:. Men do this, and it sucks, but he probably just didn't stop to think about how much you probably needed him right then. Try not to take it too personally, though in my opinion he does need a lesson or two in sympathy etc.

Thinking of you and sending you many cwtches :smile: :hug:

Take care.

~Nobody~ x
  4. sometimes people dont no how to cope or how to make things better, maybe your boyfriend felt like that. why dont you try and talk to him and ask him to explain how he feels to you? as for the cutting, the pain never gets to be enough, you no that. i expect youve tried, but try other ways to cope. write things down, scream if you need to, punch a cushion, phone someone and try to talk about something completely undrelated to distract you, and if they dont work try squeezing ice cubes, drawing on yourself with red pen, snapping an elastic band around your wrist.. anything, try all the things before you hurt yourself, hopefully itll distract you and whilst you may still feel bad you might put the self harm off for longer, maybe build up to not needing to do it as much. im always here xx
  5. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Thanks for your replies. :hug: I'm feeling better today, last night was particularly rough for a few reasons I don't want to go into. I spoke to bf and he said he wasn't pissy with me or anything but it sure as heck sounded like it. I've phoned him when I've felt that way before and he was supportive, but last night it felt like he couldn't give a crap. I don't know. Anyway, yea, I'm still feeling anxious today, but better than last night, I hit a real low. Sorry for the stupid rant. To those who texted and called me I'm sorry I switched my phone off so you couldn't get through. I needed some time to myself. Thanks though. :hug:
  6. Just_a_guy

Just_a_guy Well-Known Member

Res :hug:
    Im sorry about your boyfriend being unsupportive. Men, sigh X(

Nice to hear you are feeling a bit better :hug:
  7. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I'm glad you are feeling better today. You don't deserve to be made to feel like you are worthless because you aren't. Take care hun and if you need to talk I'm here to listen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.