The pain never goes away

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by XsweetpoetX, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XsweetpoetX

XsweetpoetX Well-Known Member

I have not been on here in awhile. I was not getting any better but I wasn't getting any worse until a few months ago. Trying to control my mood swings has become too hard. I recently started to get help. I'm on medication and in group therapy. But I feel like its all a waste of time. I feel tired and my suicidal thoughts and urges to hurt myself are very intense. Is this just my mind adjusting to medication? Has any one else had worsening feelings after starting treatment?
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

If you are feeling very strongly suicidal then you should call Dr right away. Though it is very very rare some medications can have a a negative effect like that. Regardless of is it is medication causing it then a call to the Dr and visit is still appropriate.
  3. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi XsweetpoetX,
    I too felt worse on some types of anti-depressants. It worsened my suicide thoughts. Tiredness is common and treatment can vary in how soon an improvement can be seen. Different types available, please see your dr as soon as possible.
    The pain will ease for you, please don't give up hope. Try calming therapies to help with your mood swings. I am so sorry life is so difficult for you. Many don't get side-effects it really is individual.
    Well done for reaching out for help.
    Take care
  4. KevMit

KevMit New Member

Sounds to me that you have no balance in your life and no control of your emotions.
    You need to find a balance within yourself... sort of like a center of inner-peace.
    What i can see from your post, it looks like you are in a constant state of, mental & emotional, panic and/or despair, without a moment of rest to get things straightened out.

You need to look inside yourself to find out who you are, why you are the way you are... and eventually, change those parts, of yourself, that you don't like.
    But NEVER try to live up to other people's expectations, at the cost of your own sanity & health!
    Take back control of your life... after all, it is YOUR life. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.