The pain won't end

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by kittylover, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittylover

kittylover Well-Known Member

I'm a 30-year-old "man" who has felt female for my whole life. Over time, wishing I were female has become very intense pain. Every night and some mornings I cry for an hour alone while squeezing a pillow, all from the pain of being the wrong sex. I'm writing this with trouble seeing the screen because of the tears in my eyes.

I've been taking estrogen for almost 4 years. I still look completely male, to the point of having these suicidal feelings. Many transgender friends of mine have fully transitioned in this time, because their body type was more compatible with becoming female than mine. But I'm still stuck.

I've been on antidepressants for most of my life. I'm seeing both a therapist and a psychiatrist now. Despite their best efforts, it's not helping. I've just sunk lower into despair as time has passed.

My main friends have all moved away. They've also paired off, finding their life partners. Meanwhile, I'm stuck here alone, and I haven't even dated anyone in my entire life due to my severe gender dysphoria. Most people see "lesbian trapped in a man's body" as a joke.

I need help, but there's just nowhere for me to go anymore.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Is there anything else medically that they can do to try and speed up the process? I'm sorry if that was a stupid question; it's a subject I know little about. I know you said you've been taking estrogen, but is there anything else they can do? Might be worth doing some online research to see if others have dealt with a similar situation, and if they have, how they handled it.

3. kittylover

kittylover Well-Known Member

I would need to lose a lot of weight (50'poinds or more) in order to get facial feminization surgery. It's really hard to lose weight when you wish yourself dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.