The past few days

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cleeda123, Jul 28, 2013.

1. cleeda123

cleeda123 Member

The past few days have been really awful, I've been so down and have been hearing voices, nothing too serious but I know it's a sign of myself feeling worse than normal. All the voices have been derogatory towards me, mainly over my weight and appearance, as they always are, encouraging self harm but I have managed to suppress this, I find the only things that really help this are exercise and talking to a specific friend, but due to gastritis and IBS I've found it difficult to exercise as it causes cramp and vomiting, and last night when I was really down and home alone, my friend was out for his mate's birthday and so I didn't want to bother him. I was awake until 4 am and then woke up every hour until about 10:30. I lay in bed until about 3pm, I was awake and I wasn't particularly sad, just the point of moving at all seemed pointless to me and I was crying on and off just because I feel so incompetent.
    I just feel shite really.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Im sorry you are not feeling so well hun Hope the voices decrease some if not call your pdoc ok let him know what happening. Hugs

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Are you on any medications to try control the voices? I agree with Total Eclipse, you need to see your pdoc about them. For now until you can see someone, try your best to ignore the voices or drown them out with music or the TV.
    Good luck :hug:

4. cleeda123

cleeda123 Member

I'm on 2 different anti depressants, sertraline and trazadone, the traz is more sedatary though and is for sleep purposes. I am quite good at distracting myself from voices, just wish I could exercise at the moment! Thanks guys xoxo