the past is still haunting me.

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by st_91, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. st_91

st_91 Active Member

So I've been getting bullied since i was about 7 due to me putting on weight.
    Nothing has really changed, I'm out of school/college and still getting bullied but in different ways.
    Still look the same but trying to change my appearance. Whether it's for me or trying to get acceptance or just trying to be someone else,putting up a mask, i don't know any more.

In the last year or so my brother has become friends with my old bullies and some of them only stopped when they realizes they were friends with my brother.
    I spoke to my brother about it and he said they have changed, but i still hear them saying things about me. :numbness:
    I have to see most of them all the time.
    I can't forgive them, none of them have apologised, so why should i?
    They made my life hell, i quit school for a year because of them, I self harmed because of them.

It makes me so angry, so scared that i could have to put up with them for the rest of my life and be reminded of the hell they put me through.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hpe you confront them and let them know just how much hell they did put you through perhaps then they will understand the pain they cause
  3. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

st 91, I had a lifetime of bullying from my siblings. I did not realize until late in life what they were doing to me. You have a tremendous advantage. You can see what they are doing to you and you can 'divorce' your family/friends as soon as you can. You don't ever have to have them in your life ever again if you don't want to or anybody else that will damage you in any way. You can tell them you won't accept their behavior and not have a relationship with them unless they get help. It's their problem, not yours, Do not allow them to be a trigger for you. If I ever get near my sister again, she could trigger me right over the edge. I've changed, she hasn't and never will. I haven't spoken to her since 2009. It's a rocky course being away from your family as that's not 'normal' but if it saves you from a life of h*ll, that's what it takes. Bullying can leave psychic damage for life. You are free to make your own choices. Choose people who are kind to you, loving and caring, and don't put you down. If they do, leave them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.