The people here are incredible... Listen to what they have to say

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Everymedhasfailed, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everymedhasfailed

Everymedhasfailed Active Member

Hello all,

I am posting this in the welcome section as I believe it is the one forum where most new members will head to...

I have a few words to say and that will be me done on this forum:

1. The people here are truely incredible and will help you out, providing a judgement free sounding board for your problems. They may offer you advice, and ways to challenge your thoughts at this dark period in time, but the work is yours to do. Take on board what they have to say, and try your best to allow yourself time to formulate a path to happiness.

2. Remember that many of these people on this forum, although caring may be living in opposite ends to you in your country, or even completely different countries all together. They literally can do nothing to physically help you but can offer you tips possibly advice.

3. The people that help out, providing help and advice on this forum may also be suffering a dark period such as yourselves, so while you should not hold back in your posts, be aware that some things that you say and some phrases you use may trigger emotions in people.

4. It takes alot of energy to help out others and if you are able to provide this help without limiting the resources that you have for yourself, then great, but take care of yourselves!

And remember everyone on sf gets it for one reason or another (either first hand personal experience or they may have friends who have been through similar situations) so embrace the community here and I genuinely hope that you feel welcome!

I may still log on to pm people but will not be on the public/private forums for a good couple of months at least, there is too much going on now, and it is taking everything for me to not just say that I am done.

Best wishes, kind regards and sorry I was not able to help more of you!

I love you all and stay safe sf!

2. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

Wonderful post.

3. TinyDancer

TinyDancer Member

I wish I could say that I agree with you!! I haven't gotten but one reply to my post - and that person replies to EVERYONE!

I thought the folks here would be much more responsive......... if I were truly dedicated to the idea of committing suicide IMMEDIATELY, I'd be gone by now.

4. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

TinyDancer, Please hang in there. Sometimes it takes awhile to get responses. Speaking for myself, I just saw your post for the first time but actually have replied.

5. Charlie farley

Charlie farley Banned Member

Thankyou for such a heart warming thread Everymedhasfailed :dumbo_smiley:

I would like to add one more statement:

I have found supporting others is good for you as well as for them. By supporting someone else, helps you forget (albeit for a while) your own issues

"2. Remember that many of these people on this forum, although caring may be living in opposite ends to you in your country, or even completely different countries all together. They literally can do nothing to physically help you but can offer you tips possibly advice."

This is true as due to safety issues it is not advisable to meet real world anyone you only know on the internet; even on a supportive forum such as SF

Having said that there was one occassion I went against that advice as I was in a corner forced to act. I know (like a Samaritan) you should not get personally involved but the situation was exceptional

I might make a thread about it

So Evermedhasfailed :freehug:

6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you for your kind words. The community is about caring and helping others in crisis. That's the heart and soul of this forum.

7. Everymedhasfailed

Everymedhasfailed Active Member

There may be times when certain members, who seem to reply to most, cannot reply to your threads... All I can say is that life is about patience... No-one is entitled to a happy life and it sure as hell will not be handed to you on a platter, but when the people discover your thread, and notice your need, you will feel an overwhelming level of support which floods your way. Be that through public replies, or private messages. Just know one thing, it takes more to ask for help than it does to offer it! If you have posted on here you already have alot more strength than alot of people I know. The fact that you have found this forum means that your are going through dark times, but the fact that you have posted, shows that deep down a part of you wants to know that there is hope. Hope, and help are both things that go hand in hand. Because only people with a true need for them, will find either.

I sincerely hope you are all well and keep on with the strength which led you here! In the meantime, feel free to pm me, but know that I only log on once or twice a week, so do not be offended if I do not reply right away... just know that I will reply!

8. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

A couple things to consider- Most importantly this forum is peer to peer support- not crisis intervention. It is not supposed to be for crisis but rather a place to to just talk and get support on a day by day basis.

What you post and how will have a lot to do with replies. Long posts often do not get read- anything more than a paragraph or two is skipped by the majority. Also, if you do not have a question or say what you want few people will reply because they have no idea what to reply. If at the end of your post of a new thread you say you are looking for advice or just looking for support then you will get far more replies because then people are not concerned about "answering wrong". A post with a detailed history with no question and no hint of what type of reply you would find helpful will be skipped by most because they do not want to reply and be told it is useless by the person they replied to (which sadly happens far too often). In your initial post you gave no indication if you wanted advice about boyfriend or living situation or just support to know you are not alone- since people cannot read minds they choose not to answer instead of risk "answering wrong".

9. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

People here are amazing. No one is paid to help, or a professional.

I see this forum as a place to talk to people who understand more than a place to get advice and help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.