The people I leave behind

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Rakly, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Rakly

Rakly Member

Hi, I'm new here and I didn't really know where to post this, so I'll post it in the "let it all out" forum.
    I'm not very good at writing my words down (i'm not english) so I made a sound recording instead.

http://vocaroo.com/?media=vV5SpHadJCG0vPlww

I hope this is ok.

Thanks in advance.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Heya, :hug: I'm sorry to hear that you feel you want to suicide. Just listening to your recording, I wondered what is making you want to take your own life. Could you tell us about that? You can send me a PM if you want to. Suicide is such a final response to pain and hard situations. There is always a chance that the situation will improve. When we feel depressed, our brains are not working 100% and the messed up brain chemistry makes us feel there are no answers to help us. If you share here, you might find that there are many others who have gone through similar things and found ways to get through the rough spots. You sound like a very caring, sensitive, intelligent person on your recording. I would be very sad to know that you gave up instead of trying other options than suicide. Anything that we tell you about how a family/loved ones would react and what they ask will make you feel guilty, and I suspect you already feel negatively enough about yourself and situation. If I knew more about what is happening with you, maybe I could help you brainstorm some constructive solutions instead of suicide? Thinking of you and hoping that you'll give this a try. :hug:

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Welcome, glad you found us...as you have read, suicide notes, and such are not supported here, but what we do best is to care and embace people through their difficulties...many of us have been where you sound like you are; I, for one, came here just because I wanted to find a way to leave something behind, or so I thought. That was 7 years ago...please tell us what is going on ... I am sure that there are many people who will relate to what you are saying...welcome again

4. Rakly

Rakly Member

Hi Acy & Sadeyes,
    Thanks for your response.

Please don't take this personal but I don't really want to get into details as of why I want to commit suicide. I'm more concerned about the aftermath as I don't feel my own life has any value.

To give you some background though, I already have a failed OD attempt. But apparently you can't OD on valium.
    I tried to slit my left wrist with a razor last weekend but it really hurts!

My concern is mostly towards other people. When I'm gone... I gone. But they will be left with the pain.

5. Severijn

Severijn Well-Known Member

Hi Rakly.

I understand you feel hopeless like nothing will matter. But here is a good place to talk about what's going on in your life. You might even find some solutions.

Anything bothering you with friends or family?

Take care.