the perfect life...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by deepdarksecret, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i just told a friend about my suicide attempt and she was completely shocked...she said that anyone would want to live my life, in her words, "you're smart, pretty, you have a great personality...everyone dreams to be in your shoes" and that depressed the hell outa me, i mean i know i have so many things, but i never felt any of those things that she listed, i've always been compared to moore beautiful people, or more intelligent...etc, i don't have many friends, i don't go out family's screwed up...maybe i'm thinking too much...*sigh* i wish i could know what was really just doesn't seem like suffering like this is worth it =/
    also, recently i wanted to take a chance and go to an open call for a talent scout, i thought i loved to perform <even tho i hate being judged, and i know that's what it's all about, but you don't know until you try right?> but the interviewer guy took one look at me and pretty much dismissed me in five asian american and short, and the last thing he said was 'your height is a big disadvantage to you' ...i hope it's not lame that it hurt me, it's just i feel like asians can be so under-represented sometimes, and why should height or anything other than talent matter, not that i have talent, but he even said before all the interviews that he wasn't looking at beauty or anything, it was potential...i guess i don't have the potential to grow, anyways, can you guys tell me what you think about this?
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Other people's lives often look better than ours cos no one has a clue with what's going on inside them.
    Also we are often our own worse critic when it comes to looks and intelligence etc.
    There will always be someone smarter or prettier or more talented than you (using the universal you here) and when we start getting into comparing we just make ourselves miserable. Try to concentrate on your good points rather than looking at others and thinking you don't measure up, they are probably looking at you and thinking the same thing :laugh:

Sorry about the audition tho it's not very nice to be told you're too short. However, a friend of mine made it into the Royal Ballet School, all she ever wanted was to be a dancer and then she kept growing :sad: they threw her out cos she got too tall:sad: For a few months she was on the floor and aimless, then she started looking at what else she wanted to do, went to uni and became a journalist and she loves every minute of it :smile:
    So sometimes a re-think is the way to go, having said that being short hasn't held back Danny DeVito now has it :biggrin:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.