The persuit of love.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Kris.T, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

I may be a little drunk, so this may be a bad idea for a thread.

Why do we try so hard to find love? We put ourselves through so much in the persuit of love. We torture ourselves physically, emotionally, mentally, all to try and attract somebody.

Now I may be saying this because I'm single, the girl I was interested in, and thought was interested in me is giving me a cold shoulder. But people always say theres someone for everyone, theres plenty more fish etc. So why put in the effort, if by fate, we will all get someone meant to be with us, without the effort, wont we? Of course not.

I hate the fact I bust my ass to get a girlfriend, invest months into it, to have her turn around and crush me.. in 10 seconds.
  2. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Why do you seek out a girlfriend so bad? All my male school friends were exactly the same, they all wanted a girlfriend so badly they didn't care who it was as long as they were female. A girl doesn't feel at all special or important to you if a guy is going around trying to get with any girl that shows the slightest interest. I'm not saying that that is what you're doing - but in the end a person will get desperate and start lowering their standards and just not caring who they get with, as long as it's someone. Maybe the way you're trying to get with girl after girl and constantly seeking someone to go out with, is the reason why these girls aren't getting with you? I never dated one of my school friends who showed an interest because I knew they were just desperate for a girlfriend and it wasn't that they wanted to date -ME- but that they wanted to date -SOMEONE-.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and you're not like that, but I'd say perhaps there is a chance that that is the kind of impression you're giving these girls.
  3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Generally people do actually tend to come along when you do stop looking.
  4. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

I havent been going from girl to girl trying for girlfriends. Ive been the opposite.

So its not that im lowering to find just anybody, its one specific girl.

If im making sense?
  5. mcviking

mcviking Well-Known Member

Its in are nature to want to be loved. It is the greatest feeling in the world knowing (or deluding yourself) that someone cares about you in that way. I have only known fleeting glimpses of that feeling and despite how I have tried to get that feeling by other means, I am never satisfied. The only advise is to not give up and brush yourself off and keep putting yourself out there.