The philosophy behind my decision

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wannactb, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wannactb

wannactb Member

I have no idea what kind of ratio there is on here between religious and non-religious. I am very much in the latter category.

I have more belief in a multiple universe hypothesis - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse - than in some bloke who lives in the sky.

Following at least one of these hypotheses logically, some universes will be meant for you and some won't. We'll all CTB in some of these universes, just as technology will make most of us immortal in others.

I just don't feel suited to this universe. I don't understand things that happen in it (I don't mean the big stuff, black holes, supernovae, etc - though I try and understand them as much as I can). I don't fit in with the way the world works, and every time I try, it turns to shit.

There may be plenty of other universes where I'm having a whale of a time, and plenty where things are much, much worse. I've come to a conscious decision that I'm not prepared to put any more effort into this one.

The rest of you, good luck "here"!

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

No matter what your belief system, it sounds like you are in a lot of pain...for this I am sorry...please share with us what is going on for you...know that there are many of us who can understand and are here to provide caring and support...J

3. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

if you weren't meant to be in "this" universe, then you wouldn't be here right now
    I know this for certain
    that you have a purpose here, even if it is trivial, try to live it

4. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

Hello, seems like you are having a really hard time fitting in to the real world, it seems like you have many beliefs but are in a lot of pain, I am so sorry to hear this. Do you have a shrink or are you on medication at all, what so ever? The universe is full of mysteries that is true. But don't worry yourself you have everyone on Suicide Forum, supporting you through your though times, for now big hugs :hug:
    Take care

5. wannactb

wannactb Member

It doesn't really feel like pain. Things have happened to me that I can't comprehend. People have treated me in ways that I would never treat anyone else.

I live in a civilised society, but seem to have ended up knowing a lot of people who would rather hide behind lies than talk.

These are educated people, each with their own problems, but I seem to have ended up as the emotional trampoline that everyone bounces off. Eventually the springs wear out.

6. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

hey i feel the same on the emotional tramplonie thing, people r just abusive and lowdown most of them
    am really lost i get that treatment for not being abusive myself and the more i get it the more im prone to get it and not be able tot fight it as people form cliques and im alone and its killing me, i feel like people think i have no right to live because im not abusive
    sorry am not much help

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2011
  7. CheapEscape

CheapEscape Active Member

Don't give up on "here" yet--there are lots of good people left, people who won't lie to you or hurt you--people who genuinely care about you just because you exist. You're here for a reason. Talk to us. What's going on in your life?

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

The 'multiple universe' theory sounds very interesting. We should explore it in more detail to make some sense of it. I agree that it may very well be possible, but there is really no way of knowing for sure (just like with Heaven or Hell). What we can all agree on is that there must be something after death (parallel universe, reincarnation, heaven?). But why rush things? Get the most out of this life while we can. ;)

9. wannactb

wannactb Member

Unfortunately Dave, we can't all agree on that either. I don't believe there is anything after death. I'll just rot like all other living matter, and my atoms and molecules will be redistributed as nature sees fit.

One of the other interesting theories is that we all live in a simulation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulism

Based on extrapolation of the exponential growth of computing power, it is highly likely that simulations will exist which are indistinguishable from "reality". It is therefore more than likely that we actually live in one of many simulations devised by civilisations with more advanced computing power than ourselves.

There are arguments about paradoxes, and the possible infinite recurrence (i.e. the civilisation that runs our simulation is, itself, a simulation).

This is real science, not science fiction!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.