the point

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by daisyhope, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daisyhope

daisyhope Active Member

Is there a point where this just becomes a compulsion... it starts as a simple thought ' i could just cut a little or take this many of that'... i often dont and i make it harder. I take meds to a friend, i dont stay in my room, i go out, keep busy BUT the thoughts never really go away. And it simply becomes that i have to do it.
    I'm at that point now.. last night i gave meds to a friend but had to get them back so i could take the ones i needed. I now have all of them again and the idea of taking them hasn't decreased. My friend said i could give them back to her but i feel like i have to be strong on my own. Im 24, im not a child.

2. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

you don't have to be strong on your own. But I also don't think making your friend have them helps because then it would be your friend that is the obstacle you have to get over to get the meds even though you're actually the obstacle. I really don't know how exactly to help, so I'm sorry if this just make it even more frustrating because I've never gotten over it. For me it's just part of my life, my way of thinking. I just don't see it as danger but as a possibility I can always grasp or decline. It can't make me do anything but if I want it to it can help me find relief.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.