the police broke down my door and i need advice

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by desperategirl, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desperategirl

    desperategirl Active Member

    ok this is fairly random.

    I attempted suicide on tuesday and as a result the police broke down my door (i wasnt even in my flat and my keys were at the hospital!!!). Now its borded up etc....ive spoken to my housing association and hopefully i wont have to pay for a new door but ive found an invoice from the security company who borded it up.

    I dont know if anyone has been in a similar situation. If so, what did you have to pay for?
  2. mike25

    mike25 Well-Known Member

    At least your property is secure now.
    Keep the invoice and bring it to your housing association, you're not liable to pay anything.
    Keep your head up :smile:
  3. Vagrant

    Vagrant Account Closed

    Cops can do whatever they want if someone is in danger of death.
    Remember it was for your good.
  4. desperategirl

    desperategirl Active Member

    well i dont have to pay for the door thank god....and to be honest i cant recieve the bill for the boarding up anyway because i have no post box!

    Apparently its a 21 DAY "PRIORITY" job......21 days, a joke!
  5. mike25

    mike25 Well-Known Member

    Our postmen just literally leave the mail on the persons mat if they can't access a postbox - ruthless!
    LOL at the 21 day priority, the Council are a bunch of clowns!
  6. Shogun

    Shogun Well-Known Member

    I don't know how to advise you on this because I really don't know the law, but the Citizens Advice Bureau is always there to advise and it's totally free too.

    Just an option.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.