The Power Of Friendship Can Save Your Life...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Sakura, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

I was going to kill myself yesterday...no screw ups or anything...I would have been dead.

I was just so tired of the hurt and the pain, and the feeling of being useless and weary every single minute, of every single day.

I just wanted the pain to stop...for it all to just go away...forever...

So I wrote up my goodbye message, and posted it to my Live Journal for my friends to read. I told them how much I loved them, and how wonderful it had been to have met them all...(many of them I had met online, and a number of them have become very good friends). And then I told them that they shouldn't worry or feel sad...because it was an end to the unending pain that had become my life, and I was finally about to find peace.

And do you know what those friends of mine did...

They loved me...

They showered me with words and feelings of hope, love, comfort and the unbreakable knowledge that they would be always there for me, no matter what I was going through, and for no matter how long I needed them...they would always be there for me...

And do you know what I did...

I broke down...and finally allowed these people...these wonderful, beautiful people who I call my friends...to be there for me...

And do you know what happened...

It changed my life...

And the selfless love and caring that they so willingly gave to me...which has helped to heal my poor, broken, and suffering heart...I now offer to you...to anyone who needs it...even if it's only in the form of a much-needed hug, or a friendly word or two of love and encouragement...I offer it to you all freely, with all the love and support that I can possibly give.

Don't ever give up...fight! Fight for your right to live! Don't ever let anyone take away your right to live...not even yourself.

And when you feel tired and weak, and the road ahead of you stretches out so far and lonely...just come here...to SF...we'll understand...we'll listen...we'll care.

Everyone needs a friend...let us here at SF...be that friend for you :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2007
  2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Great post...should be a sticky :) Glad you made it through.

3. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

:hug:

I'm so glad you got through it hunny :cheekkiss

4. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

glad to hear you made it sakura. i found sf in despair. did a ggole search and came up with sf. i'm glad i found it and thanks for the hope. this is the first place i feel comfortable that i have found in a long time

5. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Im so happy you are feeling better hun :hug:

6. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! :hug:

Lol, now I'm going a little crazy around the site, trying to see if I can help out as many other people as I possibly can, and hopefully give them even just that small bit of hope that things can get better...that they can make it...and that they have many friends here who are all eager, and willing to help them make it through :hug:

:rose:

7. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Inspirational story Sakura,it goes to show people you don't know in the flesh in Cyberspace can really touch you and save your life and be there for you.The care from people from this site is unquestionable,a friend in need is a friend indeed.

8. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I'll make it a sticky now :)

9. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

Life isn't a Disney cartoon.

10. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

That's true. Considering that I don't find many of the things that have happened to me in my life, as amusing as a Disney cartoon, I must say that you've made a stunning observation. Good job :clap:

*Is humbled that you've chosen to do so* Thanks :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007
  11. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I'm glad this was made a sticky...I find it inspirational.

Erebos, why do you feel the need to crap all over something that could really help someone else? Does it make you feel better to have others suffer like you?

12. Great, that makes me feel a lot better.

I don't have friends, haha.

13. lilboyblue

lilboyblue Well-Known Member

you are very fortunate.

14. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

If you want it...my arms are opened in friendship to you :hug:

The same offer of friendship is extended to you as well, so that we can both be fortunate together :hug:

:rose:

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2007
  15. Cluster

Cluster Active Member

everyone is alone.

16. AMSB69

AMSB69 Member

Its wonderful that you had someone there to help you, and I glad you got through it.

But although I have friends, I doubt any of them would notice or care if I where to just die.

17. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Yes the Power of Friendship is so good I love having frends because when you're feeling like you can't go on they are they are here to pick up the broken pieces of your puzzle you can finally feel complete again

18. AliveAndAwake

AliveAndAwake Active Member

I don't have anymore friends to say such things. But I do have family that would say stuff like that, but in my opinion it would be out of obligation. Not only that, but I must be a horrible person because I wouldn't doubt that some of my family cares for me in some way and I can care less about my life anymore to cooperate with anything dealing with them tryin to help me if they chose to do so of course. All I do is I work, then come home and drink and pretend of being not me for the time being. And it gives me such momentum most of the time too. My mind is so messed up too. It's like everything is more of a picture rather then reality alot of times. I can't explain it. I feel like a zombie of some sort. But most of the time I rarely think of it and pretend my life away. And it works of course, for the meantime. I am so ashamed and embarassed of myself I don't want to be seen. The people at work look at me grotesquelly and I know they see me as something is wrong type of thing too. But most of the time I don't care. I just do my work and that's what they pay me to do. Sometimes I crank up the radio that;s at my area though. It makes me feel alright sometimes.

19. LouisLeGros

LouisLeGros Member

I only really have one friend and she sys if I really want to kill myself that maybe I should just do it... I'm considering it.

20. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I'm happy for you, truely I am.

But right now, I just feel so unbelievably alone :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.