The prevention hotline hung up on me

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by T1d-ramblings, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T1d-ramblings

T1d-ramblings New Member

I've hated my life for over a decade. I'm pacing my closet with a <Mod edit - Methods> My boyfriend is in the living room. I think of my brothers. I love them. I decide to call the prevention hotline for help instead harming myself. I call but I'm hung up on. I know that no one cares if I live or die but sheesh. Well isn't God funny. Creating me in this empty life where I have to pretend to be happy and cry in closets. A life where I would attempt suicide after only living for a decade. If I didn't love my brothers, I would've <methods> myself already.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Why do you feel so desperate? If you want to please feel free to share why you are feeling this way.

Could you get yourself to a hospital and ask them for help? Please do not hurt yourself. There has to be a way of solving this without you hurting yourself

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Yeh they're pricks for doing things like that eh? As soon they find out your not as suicidal and more calmed down they say they only have 5 more minutes left and leave you hanging cold....

Maybe try your luck again with another crisis hotline if you're still upset

there's always chatroom

Brandon Kwon and CandleLight like this.
  4. T1d-ramblings

T1d-ramblings New Member

I called the hospital and one of the nurses has been talking to me for a while :) I've only had two serious attempts and I just don't want to put my brothers through that again.

5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

*hugs* I'm glad that you called the hospital.

CandleLight likes this.
  6. fosty

fosty Well-Known Member

Hi. I'd say if one hotline doesn't work out maybe it wasn't the one for you, try another one, don't give up. Samaritans are worth a try :)

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

*hugs* I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time, are you feeling any better today? I hope so. Keep posting 'cos I can factually tell you the people here do care and are amazing :)

8. Brandon Kwon

Brandon Kwon Banned Member

Yep. In my experience they just try to get rid of you as fast as they can.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.