The problem of being buried.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Retardedperhaps, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Actualy one big problem with suicide is that sooner or later people will find out that you have died, and then they will gather up and bury you.

If this didnt happen, and I thought it was possible to be completly forgotten instead - it would make suicide more appealing to me.
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i think no matter how you died, you'd be missed.
    maybe it doesn't seem that way right now, but i think for most of us it's true.

that's the sad thing about all of this is that many (but not all) suicides are a result of a treatable condition or mental illness, like depression, addiction, or mood disorders. in our despair we think we will never be well again, that we will never be loved. but when the conditions are right we can begin to heal. i believe that for myself, and i believe it for you, too.
  3. delargeal

delargeal Well-Known Member

That in many ways is true Dazzle. For some of us though, we know that it can get better, but our minds just won't let us believe it.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I think it is extremely difficult when part of us knows what things can be like and the other part won't believe it. We have enough turmoil in our lives already and that just adds to it. To the OP. Yes sooner or later people do realize that you are missing and they search to find answers. Then they honor your life by giving it a proper burial. This is done not only for the dead, but the living as well. To be honest, you wouldn't know if they found you and buried your body. All evidence would point in that direction though. I guess i am glad to hear you are put off by the thought of people gathering to bury you. If that is what it takes to keep you alive, then i am glad you have a reason. please take care and stay safe. :hug:
  5. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

People will notice that you have suddenly gone missing and would call for a search to find you.

I hope life gets better for you.
  6. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i really thought i was alone in that thought. im sorry you feel like it too.
  7. Nero

Nero Member

Suicide might seem to be a perfect solution to escape from absolutely everything to some superficial individuals and I'm glad you realised the consequences of your suicide attempts and still care about how your family and friends feelings.

Why not make it one of your top priority in life? Always think about them b4 attempting to do anything which might harm urself in anyway, and continue to live...
  8. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

If your primary aim is to be forgotten, then you'll probably have to remain living for some time. Lots of people live solitary, disconnected lives, either in extremely rural areas, or in extremely large cities. So if you want to be unlamented, just spend a few months being a jerk to everyone (so they won't want to look for you), and then move to New York or Mexico City. Be prickly and standoffish when you arrive, and people will leave you alone.
  9. bb564

bb564 Guest

Please change the thread title to 'burial *trigger*'

This sort of thing makes me feel really scared, I've always hated the thought of burial, coming across a thread like this kinda upsets me.
  10. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hallelujah we finally agree on something (never thought i'd see the day) :laugh:

i lived in brooklyn for 11 years. the great thing about a place like nyc is you can completely reinvent yourself. you start completely fresh the minute you land off the plane. i highly recommend it!
  11. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.