The problem with Mormons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
is that they really have no idea what else to say other that we chose to be depressed, we chose this life, now we are supposed to survive it. After all, it's God's 'plan'

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
I used to be Mormon. My exwife is Mormon. I snapped out of it, or grew past it. Then all hell broke loose and then next thing I know... I'm divorced. I grew out of Mormonism, and now I'm penalized from seeing my kids, all because of a fight that I don't remember happened because I was fucking hallucinating!

Now my kids will be brainwashed little mormons. Good riddance.

ExtraSoap

hey, I may be an atheist but I think that people shouldn't be hated on for their religion. Like Muslims, I know many muslims, none of which want to blow themselves up. Respect other peoples beliefs.

(though I must admit, Mormonism is pretty out there)

Zurkhardo

Mormonism was basically the Scientology of it's time. It's clearly a scam faith, and there's ample evidence that Joseph Smith was a con artist. With that said, however, I'd have no objects to voting a Mormon in office so long as they weren't letting their beliefs interfere with the governance of this country.

hornbeam

Funny isnt it....... people saying this that and the other about my faith its npot nice to hear but then this forum isnt the sort of place id want people to know I visit....

I want to give a positive side to being a Mormon - I am not active and havent been for years all I know in my darkest times- the missionary sisters or brothers will come to see me-they never critisise or condemn me they held my hand when I was battling alcohol-
they were there when my dad passed and my first daughter died - I dont know where id be without them.

Im not in a good place right now but that has nothing to do with the religion - so unless you know firsthand what the faith is about and I dont mean going on anti-mormon sites please dont mock it.

I wasn't mocking and the only person who did was an ex-Mormon so I think they're entitled to say what they want. I think all religion is fair game and I'd advise anybody to question their faith and see what answers you get. charles darwin pretty much proved that every thing that we see around us is down to evolution and not some magical/wizardy god.The information is all out there so go find it.

hornbeam

I wasn't mocking and the only person who did was an ex-Mormon so I think they're entitled to say what they want. I think all religion is fair game and I'd advise anybody to question their faith and see what answers you get. charles darwin pretty much proved that every thing that we see around us is down to evolution and not some magical/wizardy god.The information is all out there so go find it.

How do you know what I have studied in my life????

How do you know I dont believe in evolution.

How do you know how I see my God?

Yeah I wasn't talking to you,my comments are for those who read your comment and think people are attacking mormons. Your the same person who told me to get out of Britain because I said the overcrowding is bugging me.

Kaos General

I find all religions ridiculous, and i mean all of them. Just because you believe in something, why get angry and vicious at people who scrutinise it? Its not a personal attack on you so why treat it as such? Its the same with any religious fanatic, they take it as a personal insult when someone dare question something they believe in. If you dont like what someone has said, its simple, dont reply and leave the thread alone. Its the soap box, its for debating such issues not to pander to the needs of some religious fanatic with a victim complex.

hornbeam

Yeah I wasn't talking to you,my comments are for those who read your comment and think people are attacking mormons. Your the same person who told me to get out of Britain because I said the overcrowding is bugging me.

OK Im sorry I said that- probably heat of the moment- I was sick of people going on about the UK- please accept my apologies.

hornbeam

I find all religions ridiculous, and i mean all of them. Just because you believe in something, why get angry and vicious at people who scrutinise it? Its not a personal attack on you so why treat it as such? Its the same with any religious fanatic, they take it as a personal insult when someone dare question something they believe in. If you dont like what someone has said, its simple, dont reply and leave the thread alone. Its the soap box, its for debating such issues not to pander to the needs of some religious fanatic with a victim complex.

Im not a religious fanatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00