Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane Man

Sane Possum
Consider there are three people;
#1. The Haves
#2. The have-nots, but want
#3. The have-nots, and don't want

Now picture the world is a 'Prom' or Dance to be attended. Person #1 has a life where things are going good. They have many friends/prospects, and are excited about attending 'The Prom'. Now take person #2; things are NOT going so well for them. They have difficulty finding/keeping friends, are constantly in worry about judgement and comparison by person #1. Although they are not like person #1, they secretly wish to have what they have and are also looking forward to 'The Prom'. Then there's group #3.

Group #3 is nothing like persons #1 or #2, and would never associate with either. They can't, because they are not cut from the same cloth. The two will never mix, because group #3 leads and follows it's own path, unlike the other two. You see, I don't want your Prom. I don't want your popularity contest with bad jokes and music. I'm not 'into' what you are, and visa versa. I like using my brain, being original, I look at it as I'm already moved on way past that. So, I thought about it and am I saying there's something wrong with those who 'go to the Prom'? Yes, I am. It's just goofy, why would want to do that? See I don't want to be around those who think like that anymore, that have the 'high school thinking' that they've never grown out of, where as me I never had it in the first place. What I'm basically saying is why are people so shallow and incredibly dumb, especially as an adult when they should have grown out of it by now(My generation Mid 30s). Hell, I know people from high school that are the same exact way now as they were back then; childish, immature, no work ethic, still living with mom/dad, bad attitude, and the worst is some of them have children when they don't even know how to take care of themselves, and that's their fault. Oh what, you're going to say it's mine?! Because that's exactly what certain groups in society are trying to do right now, and it's tiring and sick. Blaming the good, working people for losers making bad decisions.

True story; When I was in high school my dad was planning on forcing me to go to a dance once. Why? I don't know, I think it was to push me to be more like and associate with the 'cool kids'... Well my father didn't like having a dork as a son, what Manly Man father would?! Any who, he cooled down and didn't force me but if he had, I had already decided I was going to do some self harm that night or other bad behavior. And it would have been completely warranted in my eyes. Are you kidding me? The thing you have to understand was I hated HS, and several bullies would be attending this dance. Oh ya sure, I just can't wait to meet up with them... Can you see my point?

I also think this theory applies to the depression/suicide world. I see the same three types throughout, and it's very frustrating. It gives you the feeling that you're fighting with those who are supposed to be on the same side as you, but they're not. And why is that? Experience, that's one but I'm not going into the reasons right now as it would take too long. Anyone understand what I'm saying here, is this ringing a bell? Maybe I'll piss off some people by what I've said here, but did you ever think of the fact that maybe you've pissed me off unintentionally with some of the things you've said? Example, ok, so you love Jesus and think he's the best thing to ever happen to the world. Great, I'm glad for you. But understand, 'Jebus' did a lot of screwing around with my brain(among many others) and caused a lot of trouble that took a lot of pain and many years to reverse. You do not know my life or childhood. I did the Jesus thing already, grew up from birth for 27 years was in the damn organization. Then you jump in my face with the 'Jesus loves you smiley face' when I know it's not true. What about all the boys(and some girls) abused over the centuries that is still, is STILL fucking going on today and will never stop, never stop. Those people are cowards, to just sit there and not be majorly concerned or do anything about it. I'm rambling now, but please don't ask me to go to the prom, ok? Peace

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I never went to my prom and in fact never had a single date in high school, but once past those times things picked up. I almost did not go to my graduation. In fact other than my guidance counselor contacting my mom I would not have. I did have fun at graduation though. The rehearsal I walked across the stage everybody was laughing and cheering chanting Killer(my nickname in high school) at the actual even the same with my mom asking me later what was THAT shit about? LOL I hear I should have gone to honors and awards since I was voted most like to self destruct, complete with a picture of me whacking myself over the head with one of those high school desks

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
god, I never did the prom thing either despite being asked several times. fuck that shit. I would've just been behind the school getting high anyway. I'm squarely in group #3 here.

Sane Man

Sane Possum
I'm not sure who, exactly, you think is doing that?
Oh Mr Gonz... Take your pick at any one number of social failures going on right now that I can't mention on this site because they'll be deleted. Have you ever seen the movie 'Falling Down'? That's what I mean.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Oh Mr Gonz... Take your pick at any one number of social failures going on right now that I can't mention on this site because they'll be deleted. Have you ever seen the movie 'Falling Down'? That's what I mean.
I think you might have missed the point of that movie.

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
I didn't just not go to prom, I dropped out shortly beforehand and didn't go back to finish until about 5 years later. I've blocked out most of my memories from my teenage years but what I am able to remember is not pleasant.

Dots

Misknown Member
Consider there are three people;
#1. The Haves
#2. The have-nots, but want
#3. The have-nots, and don't want
Group #3 is nothing like persons #1 or #2, and would never associate with either. They can't, because they are not cut from the same cloth. The two will never mix, because group #3 leads and follows it's own path, unlike the other two.
Maybe it's just me, but this categorizing of people is the type of artificiality I hated in high school. Claiming they'd never mix seems shallow itself. In my experience (as someone who thought like you in high school, to someone whose life circumstances lead them to connect to people who I'd not normally relate, but shared similar struggles) people's materialistic wants and seemingly shallow needs aren't always what they appear to be. They spring from the similar emotions many of us experience, but may handle in a different way.

And in my experience, those who live to solely to be original isn't necessarily always the bravest thing. For example, I like Pink, the singer. But many people claim it's just pop BS and associate it with being a girly thing and have shitted on me for it. She's mainstream, probably, but I still love her. To deny that I love her music, would be trying to fit into something I'm not. So where does the line get drawn? When am I original? Like do I have to go create my own music, (Which will still probably be influenced by society), my own genre, my own fashion?

I also think this theory applies to the depression/suicide world. I see the same three types throughout, and it's very frustrating. It gives you the feeling that you're fighting with those who are supposed to be on the same side as you, but they're not.
Though I don't agree with there being 3 types, I will say of course you're going to see similarities between society and people in the depression and suicide world. We're not outside of the world. We bring society with us. I will also say of course it's going to be hard to relate to and feel supported by others, if you're categorizing people like this, because you're seeing it as me and this category versus these other categories. And ... you're deeming who fits in these categories before even getting to know or understand these people.

Don't get me wrong. I've felt like an outsider all of my life so I get where you're coming from with that. And there does exist a culture where there are haves and have nots, and those who will cut themselves to fit in with mainstream society. But I don't understand why these type of people wouldn't fit in the suicide world? And why they would threaten you? Maybe threaten is the wrong word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00