The promise I am struggling to keep.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by CGMAngel, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

Many years ago I promised myself that I would not take my life for as long as my mother was still alive. After everything she has done for me, that is the very least I owe her.

The thing is, all these years later, she is still relatively healthy and might well live another 10+ years.

10+ years? I don't even know if I will be able to make it through 10 more days. How am I going to be able to keep my promise?

I am not looking for any "talk to someone/get some help" type responses. It is way too late for all that. I am just wondering if there is anyone else out there who can relate. If so, how are you dealing with this?

If love is my jailer, then what will set me free?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Staying here for others i think many can relate. i stay as well as i do not want to harm my family by leaving
    How do i get through I just take each hour of a day and get through it keep busy keeping my mind off the pain and sadness by keep busy i know sounds stupid but that is all i do

3. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

Oops. Looks like I reposted by accident. How careless I am becoming...

Many years ago I promised myself that I would not take my life for as long as my mother was still alive. After everything she has done for me, that is the very least I owe her.

The thing is, all these years later, she is still relatively healthy and might well live another 10+ years.

10+ years? I don't even know if I will be able to make it through 10 more days. How am I going to be able to keep my promise?

I am not looking for any "talk to someone/get some help" type responses. It is way too late for all that. I am just wondering if there is anyone else out there who can relate. If so, how are you dealing with this? (Even if you can't relate, maybe you would like to share a word or two???)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.