The promise thread

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Petal, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi all,

we're here to support each other and help keep each other alive. Let's make a promise not to do anything stupid or something we'll deeply regret, remember when you're alive there's always hope, when your dead there is no coming back, death is the end. No more hope, life, love, promises, broken promises,happiness, success...nothing. There's no coming back once you've done it. On this thread we'll aim to support each other from doing it and check in on each other via here or PM.

I'll start;

I, cocacola, promise not to attempt to take my life. If I ever get that low again, I will talk about it to someone until I begin to feel better.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  2. Misery

Misery Member

I, Misery, promise not to self-injure anymore.
  3. marjoke

marjoke Account Closed

I, marjoke, won't make promises I can't can't promise anything...I'll do my best...but my best is obviously not good makes me scared...I wish I could promise (myself) not to do anything...but...I can't...sorry
  4. vapourdwarf

vapourdwarf Active Member

I love this idea well done CocaCola I will promise not to keep my hurt and pain to myself and vent my problems more often when i feel the darkness come and try to shine a light into other peoples darkness, maybe this will help others and myself instead of drinking myself into suicidal thoughts.
  5. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Ok I guess I can do this, but I will only promise what I have promised myself. I promise to not kill myself until after my kitty dies. She is 13, for those of you who are curious as to how long it will be.
  6. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

I'm gonna at least have the decency to not make a promise I can't keep. My promises mean very little anyway.
  7. deathangel101

deathangel101 Well-Known Member

i deathangel promise not to cut anymore
  8. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

I, houseofcards, promise not to make anymore suicide attempts. I'll go to the ER when I'm feeling poorly, when friends and other supports cannot properly help.
  9. Rob972102

Rob972102 Member

I, Rob, promise that I will see my kids grow up
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I, Witty_Sarcasm, promise to make my life better.
  11. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

I, Cariad_Bach, promise that if I feel like I'm going to do something, anything, destructive to myself I will look for someone to talk to first.

Good thread. Sometimes I used to wish for someone to come along and make me make this promise to them. Now I know that someone has been here all along. I promise myself. The burden is not on any one person to keep me alive and safe. It is for me, with all the support I can get.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.