The pro's and cons

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by cybersam, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cybersam

cybersam New Member

Hey folks,

Just joined the forum to speak with people who have similar experiences with depression.

I'm in my mid twenties and think about suicide quite alot (most days). Fortunatley i'm not severly depressed as I can function with my job and I have okay social circle but I am however having severe doubts about the future. Its not that life is terrible and for some its great but when I think of my future its a bit hum drum. The endless droll of work is probally the most unforgiving things about life. Sometimes i think its better to exit in my prime.

Have never been to the GP about it as i'm unwilling to take medication and if i ever beat these thoughts i want to do it without drugs. One thing that gets me upset is that there isnt really an out and out cure for most mental illness.

Just to end on a positive there are a few things that make me want to live; Great music, travel, friends, eating good food and reading new books.

When I think of losing these things it makes me want to stick around a bit longer.

Take care
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Meds are there for every type of illness and people take them to help them Mental health meds are no different they are needed sometimes to bring us back to where we were before the illness. That being said there is therapy that can help with depression and exercise it increases dopamine in ones system and helps decrease depression as well. I hope you can talk to a professional hun see what is out there that can help you Just talking here can help too hun just knowing you are not alone in the battle hugs
  3. cybersam

cybersam New Member

Thanks for the advice. I actually do alot of exercise so maybe i'd be alot more down without that. Read somewhere that junk food can cause some mental ilness. No idea if theres any truth to it.

Not sure if i'm that depressed tbh. I'm just cynical about the future and sometimes think death is a bit better than life. Once you mention suicide i think most people class you as depressed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.