The Queensland Floods (triggering)

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Tobes, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

---I'm stating the obvious, but this topic will be very triggering/depressing.---

MODS - If this topic is too much of a trigger and you have to delete it, could you put a thread up on SF for Aussies to check in? Thanks.

I'm assuming that most people here are aware of the crisis going on in Queensland, Australia. If you aren't, any google search on the subject will give plenty of results, but it is very triggering so take caution.

I realize that this is SF, and everyone is dealing with a lot already, but there are at least a few Australian members here and I'm concerned for how they are doing.

Aussies, if you're safe, please post if/when you can access a computer.

NOTE - Everyone is free to discuss the situation (if Mod approved), but I just need to know that our Aussie SF'ers are okay.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
  2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I should add that we all got warning about the floods, except for the poor folks in Toowoomba and Grantham, but even they are generally safe considering what happened. Everyone else at risk knew to leave their homes and get to safe ground, so despite this being a tragic situation, loss of life is still relatively low, thank god.

What I'm saying is that there is a very good chance that Aussie SF'ers are safe, but even so I and I'm sure everybody else need to know how they are doing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
  3. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

omg yes I heard about these and saw some footage. So that makes two countries that have had just insane flooding; Pakistan and Aussieland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.