The "real world" is truly horrific

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Kabukicho, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kabukicho

Kabukicho Member

This might be a dark post. I apologize for that. I have to get it off my chest though.

People back-stabbing each other to get a job. Corporations grinding humans into mere husks of their former selves in the endless pursuit of a buck. Death and sickness and sadness everywhere. Broken dreams and broken hearts and broken promises everywhere. I don't know how "normal" people do it. I don't understand how a man can wake up at 7 AM every weekday, shower, shave, force feed, get on a packed commuter train to a workplace where he is essentially forced to waste his time on this planet by making money for other people. Then the commute back home, either on the same stinking train or in a traffic jam listening to miserable Top 40 music and bad commercials on the radio. Exercise. Prepare and eat a nutritious dinner, then have one responsible glass of Scotch while watching TV. And do it all again the next day. Maybe a shopping trip with his wife on the weekend.

I don't get it.

I really don't get how normal people do it.

This planet was made to punish people who were bad in their past lives. I swear I think that's true sometimes.

Thank you Jeezus for drugs.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It is all attitude and perspective. Unsure having perspective artificially skewed by drugs makes that better nor takes into consideration the people being abused , hurt and victimized to produce those drugs.....

3. Kabukicho

Kabukicho Member

I meant legally prescribed pharmaceuticals. I don't use illegal drugs and never have. (Well, I tried marijuana once, and it gave me a panic attack.)

4. NightOwl1

NightOwl1 Active Member

I can relate to this thread, I used to work seven days a week. I worked all day every day, and my work carried on into the evenings, entertaining clients. One day out of nowhere while walking my dog, I looked up into a big blue sky and said " What is my life all about?" A few days later I resigned from my job, I got out the rat race. I was working to pay bills, that summed up my life. I live a much simpler life these days, but still paying for my manic business days. My health suffered a great deal, because of the way I pushed myself to suceed. This is too bizarre, I have a playlist on in the background..... what's on? Pearl Jam.... Alive! Ironic or what.

5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Living for money is pointless. We wouldn't need money if we all worked together for the common good. Farming, cloth making, etc...
    There is a valid point to life, but chasing after the dollar isn't it. At last that's my opinion. Blessings...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.