1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Recursive Universe

Discussion in 'Opinions, Beliefs, & Points of View' started by Carton, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carton

Carton New Member

You might have heard of the Big Band Theory-no, no the TV drama series, but the one in you physics textbook. But have you ever wondered what might happen before that? According to new theories(String Theory and stuff), our universe itself might be just repetitive and we'll experience everything all over again after a long time(not exactly, because there's actually no "time" between different universes). So what's the point of all this? Furthermore, if you wish to end your existence to end the suffering, it might not work because you'll just live it all over again and again! I'm going nuts....

lonelyfool likes this.
  2. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Staff Alumni

The latter part haunts me; I believe in reincarnation, and having to come back to finish lessons even if you "quit", so I understand how you think. But it also helps me sometimes to force myself to stick it out so that I don't have to repeat this precise experience.

I'm not familiar with the theory you mentioned--will have a look a bit later--but do you get slightly different versions of the experience in later versions?

Honestly, I pretty much find it better to not dwell on these types of thoughts; and just focus instead on each day and trying to make the best of it. It's easy to end up down the rabbit hole pondering things that we won't ever truly know for sure.

lonelyfool likes this.
  3. Mandar

Mandar Well-Known Member

Yes it's true that if you wish to end this existence, you'll have to start all over again. Better be patient and continue your journey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.