The relapse

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by DarlingIAdoreYou, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarlingIAdoreYou

DarlingIAdoreYou Active Member

I was over 5 months clean from slef harming. But then, 2 nights ago, I dod it again. I feel horrible now, because I promised my boyfriend that I would never do it again. I didnt do much, but I still feel horrible. I need some ways to not think about doing it again. Any suggestions?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You did so well to not self harm for all that time ways to stop is the same way you did before You know you can because you have. Keep busy ok keep occupied get away from the place you do self harm and get rid of the tool you use
    just take one day at a time ok
  3. DarlingIAdoreYou

DarlingIAdoreYou Active Member

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Try not to feel too bad, we all have relapses sometimes, but we can bounce back from them. Do you have any hobbies or interests that can keep your mind occupied? Any distractions to keep you from thoughts of self harm? Or maybe you have someone to talk to when you are feeling low. You can always post here too and we will be here to listen if you need to let things out.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Keep distracting yourself, exercise, draw,paint,write,listen to music, anything....just do not harm yourself please. You were doing fantastic this is just a blip in the road. You can do this. good luck :hug:
  6. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Relapses do happen from time to time so it's important not to beat yourself up over it too much. Try and think positively, in that you lasted 5 months without self harming, aim for another 5 months. Distraction techniques are good with dealing self harm urges.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.