The release I need

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Theowin, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theowin

Theowin Active Member

I recently moved in with my mom who knows I've had issues with self harm in the past but not still. She saw a new cut on my arm the other day and lectured me about it. So now if I absolutely can't not harm I have to do it somewhere she'll never see. I really have the urge to harm in places though that aren't hidable especially now that it's summer and I have a work uniform that people can see anything on me. I'm not in a situation where I'm ready to stop harming but it's really hard to get the release I need. Does anyone have any advice on how to manage this?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Learn new coping skills learn healthier ones that do not include harming you talking reaching out to someone you do trust ok
  3. Theowin

Theowin Active Member

Not okay. This is not a point in my life where I'm prepared to get better. If this is a downward slope to rock bottom I'll race to the finish line. I need an alternative to stopping. I can't handle it right now
  4. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

what if mum sees again? what's the scenario there..
  5. Theowin

Theowin Active Member

If my mom sees she'll make me see a therapist again which didn't help the first time and will mess with my work schedule. Mostly I'm just really sick of everyone being disappointed in me like it's their business at all. I lived on my own for a few years this way and it was fine.
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

This forum is for support, not to share methods of harming or methods that hide it so you can continue to harm yourself or share ways to do that with others. As you mentioned you have been doing it for years and it has never actually worked or "made you better" - giving the same dedication of months and years to therapy would be far more likely to yield a "better".

This thread is closed as sharing or asking for methods is against the guidelines.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.