The Revolving Palace Guard

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Hatshepsut, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

It's when a burning pain in your rump tells you how the time is going away. So, the deaths were

:moody: Paul D. McComb, 1938-May 26, 2011, in Ogden, Utah
    :moody: V. N. Nagar, ca. 1933-May 1, 2014 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
    :moody: James R. Thorsted, 1952-May 11, 2014 in Ogden, Utah
    :moody: Howard Young, 1942-July 16, 2014 in Kansas City, Missouri

Now, they are gone. This is what happens to everyone, so I'm not special. But there's not too many of them left. Soon, it will all be gone and I will join them by ascending to the horizon, in the beautiful West.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

Now I regret putting that up there. It's narcissistic. Everyone has deaths among their family and friends. I just wanted them to have names here, since the name is a part of a person, a thing that exists.
  3. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

No Survival: They Voted Him Off the Island

So I give out advice to the teeny boppers. But I don't act on my own behalf, in any effective way. In the 31 years since I exited those "teen times," I haven't matured, eschewing the idea of extending reciprocity to those who do develop care in their minds. My character and my behavior are nearly as ugly now as they were then. Only getting locked up and getting stuck out on the streets has taught me anything regarding the things you cannot do without a severe consequence. Maybe I won't ignite that piano I hate across the street or smash the hippie hang-out windows there, and go to prison.

Opportunities have come to me, in beautiful painted chests borne along by porters in register, just like in the tomb paintings of Egypt. I've never capitalized, however.

Now, I will go into the more difficult later years, when your eyes dim, your rump hurts, and you can't pee, without having built up the social capital you need to get through this high-maintenance time. It is true that my earnings years are probably over, more than a decade before I can apply for Social Security, with no marketable skills and no ability to compete against younger folks for positions in the lumpenproletariat. But how it is now goes according to how I decided, what I chose to do, earlier. So, I am learning the hard way, a second time. I'm not a prima donna and need to stop acting like I know it all.

It's almost too late to get smart about the facts of life, a state which owes us absolutely nothing.

4. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

Re: No Survival: They Voted Him Off the Island

Fortunately, no one is reading this thread. It expresses a thing called "feeling sorry for yourself." But the world doesn't revolve around those hobbled by self-pity. On terms of its choosing, it rewards who does what it demands, and accepting no excuses, deletes who doesn't do what they must do. I will lose most of what I have as far as lifestyle goes fairly soon. It's too late to do much about it, as I've spent my whole life setting up the denouement. There was a song over 30 years ago, "Celebrate your time." So, dance, then die, is the human way, from prehistory as shown on cave walls, to today.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.