The Rhythm of Depression

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Miss Invisible, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss Invisible

Miss Invisible Well-Known Member

The rhythm of depression,
    Like the pattern of the rain.
    Trickles into my days, pours over my nights
    like a thief slowly stealing the pieces of my life.
    It's deja vu , the never ending story.
    Each day there's less light, as the darkness creeps in.
    Discovering the rhythm of depression lies in the size of the storm held within.

2. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

very nice

3. Miss Invisible

Miss Invisible Well-Known Member

:windy:Thank you

4. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

The Law Of The Garbage Truck

On my way to the airport the other day, I decided to go by taxi. Driving in the outer lane, seemingly out of nowhere a car forced its way straight from a parking space in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on the brakes, which sent us into a skid and we missed the other car by only a few inches. The offender wound down his window, shook at fist and shouted at us. To my astonishment, my driver kept his cool. He just smiled and waved at the other one in a friendly way.

‘Why did you do that, when the chap almost ruined your car and sent us into hospital?’ I asked.

‘Ah well,’ the driver replied, ‘I forgive him because he’s one of those who obeys the law of the garbage truck. He doesn’t know what he’s doing to himself, as far too many these days do, unfortunately.’

When I asked him what he meant by that, he continued: ‘In my view, some folks are like garbage trucks. They are filled with the emotional debris of their accumulated frustrations, anger and disappointments. As it piles up in them, from time to time they have to relieve themselves by dumping some of their rubbish. If you happen to get in their way, they pour it onto you. There’s never any need for taking things personally. That’s why I just smile, wave, wish them well and – if you believe in this kind of thing, like I do – bless them, then simply move on. I never take their stuff on board and I refuse to spread it to those around me at work, at home or on the streets. They too haven’t deserved that kind of treatment.

‘Anyway, I believe that what we send out into the world returns to us like a boomerang. That’s why to those who dump their rubbish on others nothing but refuse can return. People who are content with themselves and their existence in the great scheme of things, do not allow the contents of other people’s garbage trucks to ruin their days. They know that life’s too short for regrets and that it’s better by far to love those who treat us right and pray for the ones who don’t.

‘Everybody has a different perceptions of life. If we think of our world as a garbage dump, that’s all we shall be able to see and we remain blind to the millions of good things that are everywhere, in people and situations alike. As a result, we slowly but surely glide into an ever darker and more gloomy view of our world. This inevitably leads to depression and an ever stronger impulse to escape from such a place by whatever means available: alcohol, drugs – prescribed and unprescribed – and finally suicide. Those who choose to focus on everything that is good and positive in this life instead, get ever more involved with this side. To me, life is ninety percent perception. How we make use of the remaining ten percent depends entirely on the choices we make.’

Recommended Reading:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.