The Rich Celebrities and Their Perfect Lives

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mooch74, Aug 3, 2013.

1. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

I love to listen to these programs where these rich, selfish, spoiled rich people like celebrities cry about how tough their lives were. I'd venture to guess that none of them ever had it as tough as me or any real person.
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Everyone sees their problems differently. And some celebrities work hard from the bottom up.

The question I have to ask is - why watch them and then come here to suggest they have "Perfect Lives"? No-one does, celebrities ARE people too.....
  3. mooch74

They all have it easier than me. They're the blessed people who get breaks, have money and who everyone loves.
  4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

It's SO easy to be critical - in a relatively jealous way because they have things you may not - but unless you know every damn thing about people who are celebrities in any way, what gives you the necessary right to be judge about how their lives are "easier" than yours. What gives you the right to assume that is the case because they've made something of their lives?

Even though depression/alcoholism/drug abuse can hit them, Cory Monteith from the TV show Glee is a recent example of a celebrity death from someone battling personal issues - Paul Gascoigne as a former soccer player is often in UK news for alcohol addiction issues. They are celebrities in their own ways, with issues too. So tarring them all with the same brush doesn't work to be a good aspect from a differing point of view.

Comparing yourself to them will be more likely to make you feel worse and more annoyed about it - serving no real productive purpose.
  5. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

A celebrity is a human being too. I can give you a wonderful example of a celebrity who has it just as tough, hes batteld with mental health, and been down the route of suicidal thoughts, and is still alive now, he battles with it still. Stephen Fry.

He is a wonderful role model should people choose to look up the documentary he did on bi polar disorder. But He goes to show that you can still achieve what you want no matter what you suffer.
  6. mooch74

It's very easy to be critical of me also. like everyone is. Don't tell me how I should feel or think. Everyone makes judgments about my life. I'm offering an opinion. If you don't like it, well that's your problem. And, by the way, their lives are perfect and easier than mine. Because when ever they have a problem the world kow tows to them and gives them a million chances. Cory Montieth's death was extremely tragic, but the whole world knew about it. I had a friend who died from substance abuse, did anyone care about him or praise him. No he was scorned and ridiculed because it is okay for a celeb to have trouble, but when it happens to any real person, they are labeled as losers and such. Sorry!
  7. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Are you surrounded by people who watch celebrities or pay attention to that sorta culture alot? I can imagine that is distressing especially when you're dealing with a more down to earth life.