The Right to die

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bostonensis, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Terminally ill people are allowed to die.The pain they endure is objective,but my pain is consider not a pain.It is very difficult for me to decide to go becoz I have a son.But is it fair for me to suffer all these pain so he doesn't get hurt? I do not want to take a chance, but it cannot be ruled as not suicide.Sure hit.Please help

2. LucyLou

LucyLou Member

You have a son...

Surely thats worth hanging on for?

3. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

QUOTE=LucyLou;237648]You have a son...What kind of a mother I can be when I am always in pain /painkillers,depressed, sick .That alone is torturous to a child.

Surely thats worth hanging on for? I am exhausted fighting the pain ,I pretend the best of me when my son is with me but inside me is dying.[/Thanks

4. Syd

Syd Guest

Is there a father figure to help you raise your child? If not, even having a close friend or relative to be there would help a lot. You shouldn't have to do this alone. Your son will grow up healthier with you there, even if you can't be the best parent. My parents weren't perfect, but I love them now more than ever because I realize how much they did for me, even through all the difficulties. I hope you'll be able to get the help you need.

5. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

QUOTE=Syd;237731]Is there a father figure to help you raise your child? If not, even having a close friend or relative to be there would help a lot. You shouldn't have to do this alone. Your son will grow up healthier with you there, even if you can't be the best parent. My parents weren't perfect, but I love them now more than ever because I realize how much they did for me, even through all the difficulties. I hope you'll be able to get the help you need.[/QUOTE]

I am alone in this country & its only me & myson. He goes back & forth to both of us as we no longer married.The moment I step on this land I am sick with an incurable disease.I have been many surgeries alone.I want to move to another State where the weather is good for my bladder but my son won't come.Should I leave him with his Dad?

Appreciate your comments

6. Syd

Syd Guest

If he'll be a good father for your son, it would probably be okay to leave him in the father's custody and take a break for awhile to improve your health. Get advice from the doctor, and maybe try a vacation during the summer to see how you like living there. If you feel better after the trip, then you could always move there. It's really up to you, your own life is just as important as your son's life though. You should be happy too. Where do you live, and which state were you considering moving to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.