The right to die

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Ruby, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Why haven't I got the right to die? What is so wrong with it? The world is a mess, anyone can see that. Why am I judged just for having suicidal ideation? I can't stand the fact that some psychiatrist, who i've never even met, has the right to put me in hospital. How the hell is being locked away from society going to help? THE WORLD IS A MESS. Why am I diagnosed with a mental illness for having this opinion? Suicide is the answer for me. I refuse to live, or rather exist, for 50, 60, 70 more years. Things aren't going to improve, they'll only get worse. LOOK AT THE MESS THIS WORLD IS IN! I'm not under going to live under this delusion. :mad:
  2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

I know how you feel. Can't say I blame you. xx

Best of wishes.
  3. LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler Well-Known Member

Aye, people are quick to say "Don't do it!", "Life's worth living!", "There's always someone who loves you.", and all that garbage. The truth is, they don't know beans about anyone else's life but their own.
  4. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

it scares people to see someone who wants death. it fcks with reality. how can life not be good? or, rather, how can death be better? questions that, when you are not suicidal, are totally foreign. scary. "wrong"

worth it? i wish i could summon the elequence of jaquain maria de assis, or dostoyevski, or the blunt truth of bukowski or celine. take a snap shot of the world in just a few words and say all will/can/even should be better. i hope you do know that, even if the world is a mess, we can still be good. I hope you keep on.
  5. Eu Plon Ka

Eu Plon Ka Member

Do you have a big S on your chest and wear your underwear on the outside? Because I think my neighbors are building a doomsday device above me and I could use a superhero to stop them.

If you are not a superhero, well, that is just fine as well.

You don't have to be.

My world is my own creation, as is yours. I don't know what is going on in your world. Even if you told me I may still not understand the way you feel.

I will let you know this about my world. I have tried my best to stop thinking about the things I have no control over. War in Iraq that I know nothing about is one of things I think last about, and that is hard with my brother over there.

Anyway, a good saying I was lucky enough to come across when confronted with problems was "don't try to change the weather".
  6. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Oh, I plan on committing suicide, I'm just not sure when - I need a plan that'd actually work. I'm not afraid of death, infact I look forward to dying. I'm not sure what happens after death and I don't particularly care; ANYTHING would be better than this miserable existence. I want to FEEL anything but I can't. Sometimes I can't move because I feel so empty. I hear a voice almost constantly feeding me negative comments. ''Just kill yourself, it's easier. You'll never improve anyway''. I just want to hang myself or overdose on insulin. I would but I want to make sure that it works, the last thing I want is to survive and being forced to continue.