The Road to Bethlehem

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Aquarius123, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

THE ROAD TO BETHLEHEM
    The road to Bethlehem is long.
    Through the deepest, darkest and coldest night of the soul
    Of failing to understand who we truly are;
    Through the labyrinth of false beliefs and prejudices,
    Every soul must eventually find its own way back
    Into the comfort, warmth and light of recognising
    Once again our true nature and origin.
    That, to me, is the road to Bethlehem!

The road to Bethlehem is hard.
    It takes many lifetimes, until our small frightened earthly self
    Realises that no Saviour and Redeemer
    In the outer world will ever come to our rescue,
    And that the true Saviour, the Christ child, promised of old,
    Has always been waiting to come alive and
    Be born in everybody’s own heart.
    But then, one fine day, our soul opens to the pain of others and suffers with them.
    This is a sign that the Christ love is stirring within,
    That the holy babe is coming alive and starting to grow.
    Thus, we come home and kneel before our true Lord and Master,
    The Universal Christ within, whose spark we are.

The road to Bethlehem is tough and cruel.
    Until human hearts take possession of the qualities of their Divine parents,
    The Great Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
    They cannot help growing ever colder,
    Selfish, greedy, judgmental and unforgiving
    Towards the suffering of others.
    This is a sign that the Divine spark within is still asleep
    And the qualities of the gentle Christ Spirit
    Of compassion and love are slumbering with it.

The road to Bethlehem is steep.
    But only for as long as the true God is still hidden from our inner view.
    Regardless of that, each soul must continue its climb
    Up the spiritual mountain.
    While the wise ones, our guides and Masters,
    The good shepherds in the world of light,
    Stand closely by, take care of all our needs and keep watch,
    Until the glorious moment when yet another one of us
    Becomes aware of their own nature and destiny again.

The road to Bethlehem is long,
    But eventually every human child of God stands
    In awe and wonder before itself, when the Divine spark,
    The Christ child, comes alive and is born
    In the most humble place on Earth, the cave of our own heart.
    The loving union of the great God and Goddess of all life,
    On its highest levels, once created the child, so that
    Untouched by all earthly things,
    Its conception was indeed immaculate.
    Father/Mother Creator, the child’s true parents,
    Look upon each one of us, their earthly offsprings,
    Through all our wanderings, lifetime after lifetime,
    With much tenderness and wondrous love.

The road to Bethlehem turns into a joyful one,
    When at long last, the miracle of birth takes place,
    The Divine spark, the Christ Spirit within, comes alive
    And the qualities of the gentle Christ motivate us and run our lives for us.
    When this happens to you, rejoice!
    Your very own child has been born and you are reborn with it.
    Our hearts fill with gladness, love and gratitude,
    The road up the mountain becomes easier and
    The cross of our earthly existence grows lighter,
    For the goal, our final re-union with the Godhead,
    Turns into a reality and we have reached Bethlehem!

The road to Bethlehem twists and turns.
    But, we all get there in the end and the Angels ensure that
    No-one is forgotten, left out or ever truly lost.
    Giving of our best and bringing forth the highest we are capable of,
    Sharing whatever we’ve got with all
    Who are walking behind us on the road and in need of it,
    Means kneeling before the newly born King in our own hearts.
    When we are giving of our finest gifts and are laying them
    Down on the altar of life, to alleviate any kind of suffering,
    Hand in hand with God and the Angels
    We are fulfilling the purpose of our being on the Earth and that is
    Doing our share of blessing and healing of our world and all worlds.

From ‘Words & Prayers of Comfort & Healing’

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

2. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

When you get so down that you can't get up
    And you want so much but you're all out of luck
    When you're so downhearted and misunderstood
    Just over and over and over you could

Accroches-toi à ton rêve
    Accroches-toi à ton rêve
    Quand tu vois ton bateau partir
    Quand tu sens ton coeur se briser
    Accroches-toi à ton rêve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ChoM2Rh60

3. Aquarius123

Reaching for the helping hands of the Universe

Well, when we're down on our hands and knees, when there's nowhere else to turn to, that's the time for at last reaching out for the helping hands of the Universe - tentatively at first. But when help really does come, we gain that bit of faith and trust that there might be something to it, after all. So, why not try again - and again - and again.

That, dear Steven, what the Road to Bethlehem means to me.

Keep on keeping on - we all get there in the end.

With love - Aquarius

:hug:​

4. Aquarius123

Away in a manger

AWAY IN A MANGER​

In my view, the story of the whole life of the Master Jesus was presented to us and our world as an allegory of how each one of us, having become sufficiently evolved, is required to conduct ourselves, not only in our daily lives on the outer plane but – maybe even more importantly – on the inner level. His birth, temptations, illumination, crucifixion and ascension provide us with illustrations of the initiations, i.e. experiences each one of us must undergo on the Earth plane on our way back into our true nature and the oneness with God.

The tale of the baby in the manger and its visitors, the three wise men, contains a wealth of hidden esoteric wisdom. It must have puzzled the sages for a very long time why gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh should be given to a newly born child. The Master’s birth is particularly relevant. Each one of the wondrous gifts the men bring is a symbol for the various lessons every soul requires in its earthly existence. Gold stands for the spiritual Sun behind the Sun, its Creator, who takes care of the material health and wealth of all his children of the Earth. Frankincense or incense is the wisdom which every child must find on the Earth plane through gathering its own experiences. Myrrh is an extremely bitter substance and represents the gift of bitterness and sorrow, which all God’s children also have to become familiar with on this level of life.

Every child receives these gifts from the three wise men, who in the original prophesy were described to be kings. This is a metaphor for the fact that the Angels, guides and Masters, who surround us at all times, are from the highest levels of life. They have been put charge by the Highest, our true parents, of every soul’s education on all levels of life; they are guiding and protecting us. No child of Earth is ever left entirely to its own devices, because each must learn the wise use of the material and spiritual gifts that have been bestowed upon it. It also has to become familiar with the sorrow and bitterness of earthly life, because without it, there would be no soul growth. In exchange for this every child acquires the gifts of wisdom and sweetness. The devotion in our hearts is the frankincense that helps us to reach heavenwards to God and the Angels in our prayers. Every true prayer that flows from our heart lifts our own spirit and that of the whole race above the Earth plane. Like incense it rises into the Heavens and calls from God and the Angels the response we yearn for.

In my view, the child that has been promised to us of old, the one we and our world have been waiting for, ever since each one of us came away from God, is the magical child that is at present trying to wake up in everybody’s heart. Guided and protected by our inner teacher, we are in this life to find our way back home into our true nature and the oneness with our Divine parents. The Star of the stable in Bethlehem is a symbolism for the Universal Christ, the Highest Light in the whole of Creation. It lights the way for each child of Earth so that it may find and bring alive its own Christ child, which we all contain in seed form.

To me, ‘The second coming of Christ’ is an allegory for this awakening and rising of the Christ Spirit, the inner child, in every human heart. I believe that those who are hoping that the Master Jesus will take on another physical form to walk in our midst as the long promised World Teacher, are going to be disappointed. Another appearance is highly unlikely because during the present evolutionary phase of our world this is undesirable. It would distract too many from the fact that the long promised coming of the Word Teacher is an inner experience, which every soul must eventually go through. They would then continue to search for outside influences to show them the way, instead of learning to listen to the guidance of their inner teacher, the living God within.

The three wise men are thought to have been Persian priests, astronomers and astrologers. At first, the men were called magi because what they did was then considered to be magic; St. Matthew’s Gospel is the only one to mention this fact. The gifts the men brought suggest that they could have come from Babylon, Arabia, Sheba or Yemen. Later traditions gave them separate nationalities and colours of skin, to symbolise the worship of the Christ child by all nations. The men were called Balthazar, Melchior and Gaspar or Casper. It was only in the third Century that the church declared them to be Kings, possibly as a justification for the prophecy in Psalm 72:11 ‘May all Kings fall down before him.’

The relics of the three men are thought to have been transferred from Constantinople to Milan, possibly in the late fifth Century. From there, they found their way to Cologne Cathedral in Germany, where a medieval legend began to call them the Three Kings of Cologne. In some parts of the world, the Epiphany is also known as little Christmas or women’s Christmas.

Recommended Reading:
    ‘The Coming World Teacher’
    From ‘Healers and Healing’

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

http://mediaplan.ovh.net/~leportai/wisdom/stargazers.htm?HEALERSANDHEALING=#healersand

5. beachdawg

beachdawg Well-Known Member

Re: Away in a manger

This is so fascinating and I have so many questions and comments. I hope you'll check in later Aquarius; I actually have to jump offline and run a few errands this morning. But this gives me something to ponder over the next few hours.

Your story does say that no child of earth is ever left to his own devices; that we must all learn to use the material and spiritual gifts we have. Well, I guess my first question is do we all really have these gifts? And, if so, how do we identify them? And, if we all have material and spiritual gifts, are they always good, positive things? Could a rational suicide be considered a gift, for example? A gift of saying there's too much psychological pain to continue, but it's ok for me to leave? Or, am I finally not being rational?

I hope you'll be able to take the time to answer with your thoughts.

thanks

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I thought religious discussions were supposed to be in Soap Box?

7. Aquarius123

Please note that this is NOT a religious discussion but one about spirituality. In my view, there's a great deal of difference between them.

With love - Aquarius​

8. Aquarius123

Thank you so much for your feedback. What interesting questions you ask, dear Friend. They provided me with the inspiration, for which I also thank you, for the following:

In never ending cycles and circles the evolution of all life inexorably moves forwards and upwards – and we with it – onto ever higher and more beautiful levels of experience. Humankind’s destiny is indeed a high and holy one, for we are young Gods in the making. That is why lifetime after lifetime and round and round the wheel of life, whose symbol is the zodiac, every child of Earth must wander, as in this way along it can learn from and grow, each through our own experiences. Every new lifetime takes us through a different sign of the zodiac. In each one of them different lessons are integrated and character aspects acquired, which are re-enforced each time we re-enter the same sign in other lifetimes. The more we learn to pay attention and willingly listen to what the stars can teach us, the more the signs can impart their special blessings upon us. To find out more about this, I recommend the reading of my interpretations of the Sun signs.

All the qualities that are in God are also in us and each one of us contains the very best as well as the worst. Our potential is unlimited and anything anyone else can do, we can do too – if that’s what we wish. The spiritual gifts we acquire our ours to keep in all Eternity – no force between Heaven and Earth will or can take them from us. The chief ones are the Divine qualities of the ability to love wisely, totally and unconditionally. They are closely followed by tolerance, honesty, integrity, truthfulness, loyalty, kindness and goodness of heart, and gentleness that is by no means a sign of weakness but accompanied by strength of character. All of them can only gained through the experiences of a vast number of lifetimes on the Earth plane.

In contrast to this, the material gifts the Universe so generously hands out to all of us are of a temporary nature and have to be handed back. Letting go of them gracefully and thankfully and returning them in as good condition as possible, when the time for doing so has come, is every child of the Earth’s duty. The most important material gift is a new physical body every time our education demands another re-entry into Earth life. Our daily food and drink, clothes to wear, fuel to keep warm and everything we find in our environment, especially the natural world and our whole planet – are presents the Great Father/Mother of all life gives to Its children, in trust and for safekeeping only.

I believe that the Christ child, promised of old, the one we and our world have been waiting for, ever since each one of us came away from God, is the spark of the Divine, the magical child that is at present in the process of waking up in everybody’s own heart. Guided and protected by our inner teacher, our Highest or God Self, we have been placed in this life so that eventually we shall find our way back home into the conscious awareness of our true nature and of our oneness with God. The Star above the stable in Bethlehem is a symbolism for the Universal Christ, the Highest and the brightest Light in the whole of Creation, who all along has been lighting the way for each child of Earth, until all finally wake up to the presence of the seed of the Christ child in their own heart.

‘The second coming of Christ’ is an allegory for this rising from its slumbers. That is why in my view those who are hoping that the Master Jesus will take on another physical form to walk in our midst as the long promised World Teacher, shall wait in vain and be disappointed. Even if the Master really had existed and walked in our midst, another appearance during the present evolutionary phase of our world would be undesirable because too many would be distracted from the fact that the promised World Teacher is an inner experience that every soul eventually has to undertake on its own. Instead of continuing to search for outside influences for showing us our way through life, learning to listen to the guidance of the wise one, the living God within, is wiser by far.

God is in everything and everything is in God. Nothing is beyond or out of the reach of the power of God. As pointed out earlier, all that is in God is also in us, the highest and the best as well as the most evil and the worst – everything exists for wise reasons. And because everything is in our lives only by the grace and the will of our true parents, the great Father/Mother of all life, the Universal force of power, wisdom and love through which all things on every level of life come into being, the wise ones amongst us daily in equal measure express their gratitude for all their gifts, material and spiritual.

The above is part of the reason why my reply has taken so long. I hope you will forgive me for that.

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

9. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Either way people will find it stupid/offensive/out of step with their "spirituality"/etc.

Breeding ground for arguments.

10. Aquarius123

Some do, some don't - that's life, dear Fawkes. And as far as those wishing to pick an argument are concerned, they are sure to always find something to critisize with anyting that anyone posts, so I wouldn't worry about it unduly if I was you.

With love - Aquarius ​

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I read a quote about belief in Buddhism. It said that if you look forward to getting out of bed in the morning then it works, and if you don't, then it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
  12. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

That is completely irrelevant to my point.

I was not talking about life in general, I was speaking of this specific forum. Religion and spirituality are more of a hot button topic than others and thus belong in the section specified by the rules for them.

Though I guess that's why it was moved, wasn't it? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.