the royal baby..

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by emily83, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

for the UK members- if you guys didon't know the royal baby was born yesterday evening at 4 24

no name yet though i believe but could be wrong about that

2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

3. emily83

i always thought that people named their babies before they were born... or... well.. you know what i mean, when the kid's born, they have a name for it.. what do they call it now- baby?. lol... picture that- people shouting out... here baby baby!. lol

you wanna know something amusing today?

watching the news and they were reporting on the royal baby and they said.. now we cross live over to the hospital to talk about little baby camebridge.. i'm like, please.... don't tell me you called the kid camebridge?

lol... it amused me

4. meaningless-vessel

That's probably because Wills and Kate are the Duke/Duchess of Cambridge...

5. emily83

still... the way the newsreader said it.... let's talk about little baby camebridge.... that was amusing. they could have said something diffrent... lol

may actually watch the news more now even if it's just for the commedy

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have been watching it on the news all day yesterday, I am happy for them both!

7. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I have had a total of four babies (well, my wife gave birth... but I had something to do with it too). Names are something you generally know in advance... unless they had no anticipation of having the child? When you're in that anticipation 9 months, names are a very common discussion.

Unfortunately, that would be too normal and would not allow for the fun media circus that people seem to glue themselves to their TV's for.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
  8. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Glad the kids ok :) .. And im spent.

9. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

George Alexander Louis!

10. meaningless-vessel

If my history knowledge works... Charles would be Charles III, William would be William III and George would be George VII.... (Should they all become king).

But for me it wasn't worth the excess of the media. First time parenting under scrutiny like this can add to the stress although they seem to handle it well, they have a lot more support than some others do. Just an observation with added knowledge from experience.

11. emily83

defenetly a royal name. not sure i like the fact that they've used 3 first names in 1... but hey, that's how it is..

12. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I think it gives the country something to be happy about. Lets face it, we don't really have a lot to look forward to at the moment. Crap government, worsening health service, unemployment, bedroom tax, ATOS etc. so it's nice to have something happy happen for once. Obviously if you don't care for the Royals then it's not a big deal, but for many out there, they are an important part of our country and an important part of who we are.

13. emily83

oh, i totally agree!. our country is going.... well, downhill, yeah, to put it nicely- would say something worse, but... that will do.

i'm actually more focussed on the royals now... used to not care about them at all to be honest- but now i show some healthy interest with what's happening... oh and i watched the whole royal wedding- which 10 20 years ago i never would have seen myself doing as i really didon't care..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.