The scented candle game

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by TheLoneWolf, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I'm starting a new game. It's quite simple. For those of you who have scented candles - list either your favorite scented candle aroma, or the aroma of the scented candle you are currently burning.

I'll go first. My favorite candle scent: Yankee Candle Midsummer's Night.
    I'm currently burning ScentBeads Shooting Star, which is quite similar to Yankee's Midsummer's Night (though significantly cheaper).
  2. aqua

aqua Banned Member

my favorite is by Glade called Denali
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Ah, I don't have all those fancy schmancy candles, fine sir :p But I like buying the seasonal ones...a few favorite scents include: coastal waters, sun splashed, honeysuckle, cherry blossom...I like tons of different scents...though my favorite of all time is probably lavender.

PS. I knew you were the one who started this game, before I even checked the post. :lol:
  4. TheLoneWolf

"Fancy schmancy candles", eh?

Okay, you have a point. They are expensive, that I can't deny. I guess I'm lucky that I can afford such luxuries.

And how is it that you knew I started this post? Is there something about me that just screams "scented candles"? I'm not sure whether to take that as an insult or a compliment...

Obviously this thread hasn't exactly "taken off" like the other ones. I'll just crawl back into my hole now...

... but I'll have you all know that said hole is pleasantly aromatized by scented candles. Yeah. That's right. Aromatized is a word. Believe me, I'm just as surprised by that as you are.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

I like this thread! Maybe people just don't like candles anymore...maybe they use incense or air freshener or some newfangled contraptions :lol: I knew you started the post because you talked about scented candles in your journal, duh. You should know I'm a total journal stalker :p
  6. TheLoneWolf

I like this thread too. Probably because I started it.

I like incense, too. Air freshener, though... meh. That's something you spray after using the bathroom. I like scented candles because I like both fire and pleasant aromas. Candlelight is rather romantic. And I don't just mean that in a romantic sense, like "lovemaking" and all of that. Lord knows I don't know anything about actual romantic romance. I just think there's something neat about a mostly dark room, illuminated only by a small flame. It's much more beautiful than unnatural florescent or incandescent light. I'm a fan of weird stuff like that... black lights, colored lights, candlelight, neon lights, Christmas lights, etc. Nothing too bright. I despise sunlight and spotlights and anything that is too bright. But soft, subtle, colorful lights, lights that dance or flash or flicker, something about that appeals to me. Probably wouldn't appeal so much to somebody who is epileptic, or someone who has poor low light vision. But for me, personally, I like it. I like moonlight, and starlight, and city lights at night. And I really like the smell of some of these candles. Not all of them, mind you, some of them smell absolutely horrifying to me. The sense of smell is more oftentimes a curse than it is a blessing, there are so many awful scents in the world, it almost makes me want to cut off my nose to SAVE my face. But on the rare occasion that I do encounter a pleasant scent, it does evoke good feelings and good memories.

Journal stalker? Yeah, I figured you'd be the type. That's okay. Honestly, if I didn't want other people to read it, I would have made it private. I don't typically journal stalk, unless I want to know something about someone. Hmm... so I guess that means you want to know what's going on in that twisted head of mine. Are you really sure you want to go there? It's not always such a pretty place. Trust me, I live there. Sure, at times it can be beautiful, but it can also get really ugly. Such is the double edged sword of having an overactive imagination.

Wait, what the hell am I talking about? This is supposed to be a thread about candles. CANDLES, man! Dammit!!! Stay on topic!!!

Oh never mind. You and I both know that this thread was doomed from the start. Nobody wants to play your silly game.
    And by you and I, I mean me, myself and I. Yeah. I'm talking to myself. I tend to do that. It's not weird at all. Lots of people talk to themselves. Like... Napoleon. And uh... Genghis Khan. And Jesus. Yeah. They talked to themselves all the time. It's normal. It's called history. You'd know that if you paid attention in your history class.

"Go home, Wolf, you're drunk."

I am *hic* not. I'm prefercly sober. Shee? I can shez the alphibetz backwardz... Z Y X W V U...

Okay, seriously, I'm not that drunk. But I am seriously that weird.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

I like anything that smells good...even fresh flowers, but not as readily available this time of year. :p Lovemaking and candles...just don't place the candles on the bed frame, or anywhere near the bed, or you might burn the house down :lol: I like low lights too, because lamps and stuff tend to be really harsh to my eyesight. Maybe I'm so used to being a creature of the dark, that it becomes a shock to my senses.

Well, as your friend, it's my duty to read whatever you post. :distant: I like learning about you, and I like candles. So why not talk about both? And what the hell is this thread turning into? Whatever it is, I like it. :beguiled: Talking to yourself is cool, it just means you are an interesting person...and if you weren't weird, we wouldn't be friends. :biggrin1:

I can't decide on smileys...there's too many good ones, and they seem to be increasing every day :flame:
  8. TheLoneWolf

I'm not an ignoramus. I know that fire should be kept away from things that are flammable. My bed "frame" happens to just be the metal rectangle that suspends the mattress above the floor, so it itself is not flammable. The sheets and mattress, however, probably are. Don't worry, I don't burn candles on my bed. I may be stupid, but I'm not THAT stupid.

It is not your duty to read whatever I post. Sometimes I am embarrassed by what I post. Did I say sometimes? I meant most of the time. I post some really stupid shit. Seriously. I would be ashamed, if I had any shame left. But I don't. I left my dignity in California. What was left of it, at least. Lord knows the poor state could use it more than I.

Me? Weird? I resemble that statement. I'll have you know I am NOT weird. I am just... normally challenged.
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

I wasn't thinking of flame, I was thinking of the bed moving. :p Yeah, there goes my mind again, so typical of me. Reminds me of the story I was told, when an ex-friend told me about the first time he slept with his ex-girlfriend...a Sake bottle hit him in the back of the head, but that didn't faze him that is a man of steel determination...:lol: See, I told you that having things near the bed can be dangerous. :biggrin1:

I like reading what you post, because I like reading..and I need something to occupy my brain. Otherwise, it's a lot of big, empty space...I bet I write more embarrassing stuff than you ever will. Looks like I won that contest :p

Nothing wrong with being weird...well, I just saw a space ship fly by...guess that's my cue to go home...:rapture1:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.