the sexual revolution, and the moral decline of the West

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by fred_phelps, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fred_phelps

fred_phelps Guest

I think that this movement gave the West a disease that has progressed into a terminal stage, and the symptoms that we have as a result of it, are ABORTION, GAY RIGHTS, etc.

I don't wish to go down the list, there's so many sickening things going on in the world. There are sex competitions in the West, where women try to have sex with as many men as possible in one day, the record is over 900. These are more disgusting times than old Sodom, and Jesus of Nazareth said that the last days would look like the days of Lot. Alright, I don't wish to make this a religious debate.

In the past, people were much closer to each other, there was a bigger sense of decency, and people were more honorable, self-respectious, and just moral.

The cities, and everything else, the industrialization, and whatever else, caused people to get condensed, mixed, and just made them cold. People today are truly unashamed of anything.

Hedonism is in fact irrational, and unnatural. It is a perversion of natural laws. The more innappropriate, the kinkier it is for a depraved person.

We are civilized, and we have a conscience, we should value our souls, and resist ''SIN''.

We cannot live in a civilization, as animals do in the wild, those laws that apply in the wild can't be applied here.

I think that people should court, or whatever, and that sex shouldn't be rushed into, when you've found your soulmate, you get married, you have kids.

HIV was well-contained prior to the sex revolution, now it's out or control.

If you start from a perverted viewpoint, SEX ED and condoms are necessary to contain some of the infections.

If you start from a pure viewpoint (where STDs were rare), condoms and SEX ED can only contribute, ironically enough, to the problem.

It's as if this sex ed stuff enables, and then attempts to control, in a sort of compromised fashion, the STD problem. Sort of like having ur cake, and eating it, too.

What are you views? Do you think that the west has degenerated into total depravity, or do you think that we've ''evolved'' :laugh:

God bless

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think that when you let go of all morals and act from your true nature that you find the love that is at your core.
    I think we are in a breaking down process. A breaking down of the old world of death, disease, violence, and separation. There IS a letting go of morals, but this is good. And what first comes up is all the negative that we've suppressed for so long. And that is what's being played out right now.
    Once the negative has risen and been healed, we will live in our natural state, a state of harmony, or a state similar to "the Garden of Eden."

Throw your morals out the window! :D

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I agree with George Carey who admitted that that the church has been too caught up in the idea that sexual sins were more significant than other sins, and said that instead we should address global problems such as world poverty.

I don't think the problem is moral decline I think the problem is more self interest.

4. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

I think that you haven't got the slightest idea what you're talking about.
    but please, don't let that stop you from blithering senselessly into oblivion.

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

No need for the put downs brotha
    :heart:

6. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

deleted post.

7. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

What's my view?

Well my view is that, idiots like you are the reason I want to kill myself.

8. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

nah, just ignore this type of bullshit. it isn't worth you getting worked up about dude. it really isn't. don't feed
    the ...huh...no more T word I guess. well, don't feed the fred flintstones then :biggrin:

or whatever his retard name is. phelps, shmelps...??

9. Anyone who is against gay rights, is a complete moron. People are people, love is love, regardless of gender. Religious dogma has no business interfering in people's right to be with whomever they love, as long as it's consensual.

10. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Quick question Mr Phelps, have you been smoking marijuana by any chance? I've listened to many of your daughters interviews and she seems a LOT more aggressive and vicious than you do.

Why so mellow?

It's the hash, isn't it?

Maybe this is a sign that the Westboro Baptist Church is gonna tone things down a little, maybe chill out and stop picketing at dead soldiers funerals, hmmmm?

Judging by this thread alone, I think things are heading in the right direction for your controversial congregation. I finally have faith in you guys. Well done for finally getting it together and toning things down a little. :smile:

11. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Funny, I considered the time before gay rights as a near barbaric society. As to the decline of the West, let's ask the women, people of color, people who lived alternative lifestyles, and anyone else who was helped with the passing of the civil rights act, civil disability act, and the other laws put forth in the sixties.

When exactly was the West a glorious era? The Slave Trade? The Monarchy? Protestants burning Catholics in one town and Catholics burning Protestants in another? The discrimination against Jewish individuals that led to sentiment driving the holocaust?

Just wondering.

12. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

LMAO :laugh:

13. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

There is an alarming number of Christian extremists in America.

We have to stop these people. They are radical and capable of anything. It truly is scary.

I am really worried that many of these PPL as they become more and more radical may engage in violence.

+++++++++++++++

I trust that you are used to hearing terms such as "religious extremism," "Islamofascist," "Islamic extremist," and the like. If you have been exposed to any of the American media's coverage of Bush's unjust war in Iraq, you have encountered these phrases countless times. They provide us with a useful starting point in defining Christian extremism.

In the interest of both brevity and improved understanding, I will place the following discussion in a Christian context, exploring the meanings of Christian fundamentalism, extremism, and terrorism. What do we mean by Christian fundamentalism, and what criteria identify a Christian fundamentalist? Drawing on multiple scholarly sources, we can utilize the following criteria:
    Biblical Inerrancy/Literalism (at least with regard to creation)
    Evangelism
    Premillenialism (expectation of second coming, rapture, etc.)
    Separatism/Sense of Persecution
    So, a Christian fundamentalist is someone who fits this description. The Christian extremist shares these attributes with the Christian fundamentalist but meets some additional criteria not met by the fundamentalist. That is, fundamentalism subsumes extremism so that all extremists are fundamentalists but not all fundamentalists are extremists. The following are the additional criteria met by Christian extremists:
    Exclusivity (conviction that those who do not share their religious viewpoint are not "real" Christians)
    Other-Condemnation (intolerance and condemnation of the other)
    Anti-Intellectualism (especially with regard to science)
    Social Conservatism and Anti-Liberalism
    Theocratic Strivings (biblical law takes precedence over secular law)
    Opposition to Modernism
    But what about Christian terrorism? Unlike fundamentalism and extremism, in which the focus is generally on one's worldview, terrorism involves a focus on behavior. A terrorist is one who engages in acts of terrorism, not one who simply contemplates them.

In this context, a Christian terrorist is one who commits acts of terrorism in which the Christian worldview serves as justification. While a Christian terrorist is likely to be both a fundamentalist and an extremist, this is not absolutely necessary. Bombing abortion clinics is an act of Christian terrorism likely to be associated with extremism (and thus fundamentalism as well). Gay-bashing inspired by Christian homophobia and intolerance may be perpetrated by persons who would not be classified as extremists or even fundamentalists, although it is probably more likely to find members of such groups overrepresented among perpetrators.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
  14. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

I agree. I suggest we build gigantic catapults and hurl them several
    hundred yards into the nearest ocean, with a life jacket of course :biggrin:
    the ones that swim to shore can then be allowed to change their views
    or go to the back of the line to await further catapulting. I am not
    kidding, by the way. if you have a more economical alternative to the
    catapult, by all means, suggest it immediately. we need to do something
    with the plonkers. how bout some legislation that does away with the
    non taxable concept of churches. let them put their money where their
    big fat ugly loud mouths are for a change. the fred phelps's of the world
    and their ilk.

15. LMAO!!

:hysterical:

I still say they're soliciting amongst anyone they can, to make up for the major dent in the DAYYGLO paint budget that is now in dire jeopardy after the $11,000,000 lawsuit. Tell 'em inbred young'uns to get a day job!

16. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

heh heh :biggrin:

17. fred_phelps

fred_phelps Guest

well, I think that anyone who supports gay rights is a moron (Mods, they've been asking for it).

Penis fits into a vagina and releases something to give life.

Penis into an ass (exit matter for fecal matter) = sick.

Not everyone is from the West. I find gay marriage to be more radical than the execution of homosexuals in many countries of the world.

I quite frankly support the death penalty for anyone who has sex outside of wedlock. God's standard is one man one woman one lifetime.

You're all intolerant and close-minded, hypocritical, fascistic, and hateful. and most of all B L I N D.

Blind = dead in sin, or a reprobate.

I am defending myself.

I find perversion offensive, just as you find true Christianity offensive.
    Jesus said we would hate each other. Those of the body against those of the soul.

I don't wish to be on the side of the wicked world. I'm with God, God's the creator of everything, and He says He hates reprobates.

Mods tolerate all these attacks on me, but now they're gonna get all mad at me, or close down the thread, typical.

18. You are narrowmindidly thinking when it comes to relationships. It isn't just about sex, nor should any relationship be about sex. It is about love, which isn't limited by a body part, or by a group of body parts. Love is a strong, emotional, non-physical attachment between two people. Sex merely is an activity. Besides, vaginal sex can be viewed as equally disgusting as anal sex. Blood, sperm, secretions, etc. It's all bodily fluids and can be dangerous in all forms.

Anyways, what you are doing, is stirring up people's emotions based on false bullshit religious dogmas, in order to attempt to justify your pathetic discriminations. If you want sympathy for your narrowmindidness, go to a Christian forum where immature Sarah Palin worshippers will gladly sympathize with your ultimate stupidity.

19. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

you sure you're not a closet homo freddy? you sure do a lot of loud protesting about gays.
    it makes me a little suspicious of your true inner motives, like over compensating for your
    feelings of shame and embarrassment from being secretly gay? nothing wrong with it, freddy.
    being gay, I mean...but railing on the rest of the world because of your percieved inadaquacies
    concerning yourself really makes no sense. and it isn't working. you're a little obvious big boy.
    you rascal :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  20. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

deleted post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.