The simplistic, childish thing I am doing today that is making me feel much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I decided I HAD to have a good day, to feel better about myself, so this morning, I vowed to completely ignore the negative self-narrative that is telling me how worthless I am, how hopeless life is, etc.

Literally, like a little kid who doesn't want to listen to mom, so he sticks his fingers in his ears, turns his gaze away, and hums a tune.

I'm doing the equivalent, I downloaded some new material from iTunes, including a couple of Enrique Iglesias albums completely in Spanish, a language I do not know, and I am listening slowly, intently, and carefully to try to pick up and parse the meaning of the lyrics, or in the case of Enrique, to try to figure out from my rudimentary knowledge of Spanish what the song is even about.

It's working. Simple things for a simple mind, I guess. Having a much better day than many in the recent past.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Re: The simplistic, childish thing I am doing today that is making me feel much bette

I am glad you are having a much better day today good for you hun

SuicideSam

Banned Member
Re: The simplistic, childish thing I am doing today that is making me feel much bette

Awesome man I'm glad its working for you!:D Music works for me too but never for long, 1 or 2 hours at most

i like that sort of stubborn positivity

do your best to ignore all those negatives, that's right. keep 'em at bay. well done.

What a great idea. I think I'll try to ignore some of my neg thought, too. Maybe some music.

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus

I think that's a really good idea, and I'm glad it's working for you!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00