The Single Life VS Relationship.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by boo, Mar 27, 2010.

What do you want?

1. Be Single and free.

12 vote(s)
  2. Be Taken and neglected.

8 vote(s)
  3. I want a Love Bot.

14 vote(s)
  4. What is love my precioussss?

7 vote(s)
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on the single life?
    Are you currently in a relationship ?
    What would you rather ?
    What do you miss about being single?

The difference is when you are single you only have yourself to please and that is easier. When you are in a relationship you have yourself and someone else to please and that can be a compromise.

It's not easy being in a relationship or being single as both have their good and bad points.
    I always thought having a relationship would fix me, but i was wrong because after she left I felt lonelier than ever.
  2. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

I'd rather have someone, if only for the physical comfort, than solitude. Even just a hug every week would be good. Holding hands every other month? Anything?

Yeah, I think putting up with some stupidity is worth it if you get genuine emotional warmth for it.
  3. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

At the moment I'm happy to be single due to every relationship I have had going horribly wrong, that and being single means freedom! :)
  4. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

It all entirely depends. I believe that when two people meet, are attracted to each other and bond... That happens naturally, or it doesn't as far as I'm concerned.

And when it happens then of course you won't hear me think "I really miss being single" because I would have formed a bond with a person. And why would I want to throw that away?
  5. gomi

gomi Active Member

Currently in a relationship. Wish I was single though.
  6. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

Why do you wish you were single?
  7. gomi

gomi Active Member

So much is going on now that I cant commit 100% to the relationship anymore...
  8. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

never been in a relationship, never been close to anybody and im happy for it to stay that way.

i wasnt even in a relationship and still got fucked over by i girl i love and we were not even friends of wahtever and it was a joke so i dont think a serious relationship or even friendship actually wouldnt be able to deal with it because she fucked me up. well its not her fault but mine really but it still pretty much made a mess of me.
  9. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I feel unloved and totally alone most of the yeah I'd rather be in a relationship
  10. Mat Voleido

Mat Voleido Well-Known Member

Never really been in a "real" relationship... I guess I'm kind of lonely. I really wish I had someone there. I had an amazingly deep emotional connection with a girl once. It kind of ended badly, but... Some nights I really wish I had it back.
  11. hideousman

hideousman Member

i'm in a relationship where my love for her isn't recognized nor appreciated.
    but i can't get out of it because i love her.
    i'll have strong moments when i want to be single and free but the thought of not being able to hug or hold her, or kiss her when she's sad makes me want to die.
    i'm in a spot where i can't have anything.
  12. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I would've been perfectly happy in a relationship for the rest of my life. That's how I honestly feel.
    It wouldn't have mattered if he treated me like crap and neglected me; as ridiculous as that sounds. I was happy enough just knowing that I had one person whom I trusted in the whole world.

Now though, I don't think I'm going to be in a relationship again.
    Dating is hell for me. I really never want to go through with it. Not interested-- have only been attracted to one person in my life, and he's out of my life now soo...I guess I'm outta luck.

Alone forever. horray. -___-
  13. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm single, but I'm not craving a relationship just because I want to feel loved, as I'd be perfectly happy having friends or family members who loved me also (but I don't even have that).
    The only thing that scares me about being in a relationship is what I would go through when it was over, as Boo said. I think that'd definitely send me over the edge and I'm not sure it's worth finding one until I feel able to cope with the possibility of it ending.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

What I want vs the way things are. No contest really.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2010
  15. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

my type of relationship were just weird, like I was but wasnt in a romantic relationship...guy said he wasn't into me, BUT acted like we were dating, telling me things like well if we lived together we'd be perfect....etc...those kind of relationship happened a few times to me...

but to be in an official real relationship, nope. Part of me wants to be taken, and another part of me thinks that would never work so I'm better single...

I don't know...doesn't really matter because I barely go out anymore...
  16. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Been single since 2000. The most recent person that is interested in me, is ironically a psychiatrist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I give off that vibe???? So I ignored his email yesterday.......I like being single even beyond my illness.
  17. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I am single but I would most definitely rather be in a relationship. I miss having someone to share everything with. Someone to relay my day to.
  18. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Hmm.. I always feel much better when I'm in a relationship, especially in the early part of one. And I sometimes think I'd give anything just to have someone to hold when I lay alone at night and to feel the warmth of against me as I gently stroke her hair...

But then I remember all the heart breaking end of the relationship and how much that fucks me up... maybe I'll just stay single and neglected :p
  19. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

20. DreamReaver

DreamReaver Well-Known Member

Never been in a relationship, ever. Never been liked enough, let alone loved. Being in a relationship, would make me happy, having a family of my own would make me content for ever.

Oh well dreams are what they say, just dreams. I was born alone i will die alone, and be alone all in between.